The Entrance

Discussion in 'Where to Buy' started by ganna, 4th Nov, 2017.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. ganna

ganna Member

went looking for a holiday home/short term rental in the entrance and things seemed a bit desperate up there. No one at open homes, prices dropped, agents working really hard...anyone have insight on the area? Or does anyone own a holiday home at the Entrance?
    I know it's prob not the best financial decision, but seems like a great weekender area.

2. Jayne

Jayne New Member

I've got family that live up there and while it has developed a little bit over the years, the main issues include: it's a lower socioeconomic area with high youth unemployment and an ageing population. Also a bit of antisocial behaviour with some of the highest rates of domestic violence on the Central Coast. Lots of people that live around that way tend to commute out of the area for work. Gets a bit more action around the beaches in summer but it's pretty dead up there around autumn/winter. Also to be honest there isn't a great deal to do there.

I do believe it has had some growth over the years, probably as a direct result of the Sydney boom, nearby infrastructure and people moving further out for affordability, but there might be someone on here who knows that market much better.

ganna likes this.
  3. ganna

ganna Member

Yeah, I agree with you re the antisocial behaviour.

It's just such a beautiful spot.

Jayne likes this.
  4. MyDarlinghurst

MyDarlinghurst Well-Known Member

Nearby areas such as Bataeu Bay are probaly probably better

Jayne likes this.
  5. ganna

ganna Member

Bateau bay and the likes are so beautiful... but not much there, just gets boring, no?

6. TAJ

TAJ Well-Known Member

It would seem you are not an ocean lover. Plenty to do if you surf, fish or scuba dive.

7. standtall

standtall Well-Known Member

Gosford’a ongoing gentrification is driving lower socioeconomic further up the coast so not much going for this area unless more employment is generated which is unlikely in near future.

8. dan2101

dan2101 Well-Known Member

Have a look at long jetty, Shelley beach, Killarney vale. One suburb away can make a massive difference. Plenty of houses nudging a million in these areas. I know long jetty and Killarney have gone up 17 and 20% each in the past year alone. Lake side of both these suburbs are great spots.

Dapa likes this.