The End of the PAYG Summary

Discussion in 'Accounting & Tax' started by Redwing, 30th Jun, 2019.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. Redwing

Redwing Well-Known Member

Just reading about the Single Touch Payroll (STP) change to the way employers report their employees' tax and super information to the ATO

Almost mandatory and it appears that its the end of the PAYG Summary (old Group Certificate)

If your employer has signed up it appears you'll need a My Gov account to log in and check anything?

Summary of single touch payroll

oracle likes this.
  2. Archaon

Archaon Well-Known Member

My work has a separate system for checking pays atm, hopefully I don't need to have a mygov to check, they haven't mentioned as such.

My guess is for small business that haven't had an online system this will allow employees to check them online, and perhaps for the government to be able to see mistakes being made and address them before they become long term problems.
    *shrug*

3. money

money Well-Known Member

Or you could just not worry about signing up for a MyGov account and at tax time your accountant would have access to your PAYG summary anyway when they do your taxes.

4. Simon Hampel

Simon Hampel Founder Staff Member

Employers can still issue PAYG summaries if they choose to do so - but they must also report to the ATO via STP.