Closed The date on posts

Discussion in 'PropertyChat Community & Website' started by Gockie, 9th Apr, 2017.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. Gockie

Gockie Life is good ☺️ Premium Member

Hi Simon,
    Just one thing, partly a first world problem. Occasionally i'll take a screenshot of a post which I may want to refer to in 3 or 6 months or a year down the track. But if the post is recent it won't actually say the date the post was made, it will only say a time that's relative to today. It would be nice if I could simply see the date in my screenshot. I guess perhaps I need it included in the alerts bar at the top if it's not in the actual post.... (I.e. i'll have to tweak my phone setting). Or is there any other way to see the info in the pic? (Without having to resort to looking at the file name or waiting a week when the actual post date will then show).

Just a nice to have....
    Screenshot_2017-04-09-06-38-50.png

2. Simon Hampel

Simon Hampel Founder Staff Member

Right now, the date display is a global setting and not adjustable on a user-by-user basis.

I guess I could create an add-on which gives users the ability to set their own date format display - ie you can toggle between "relative dates" (which is the default) vs always showing a set format.

It's not something I have time for right now - but I can add it to my todo list.

3. Gockie

Gockie Life is good ☺️ Premium Member

No worries... lets face it, relative dates are better in normal contexts. Its only if I want to do as I explained.... #firstworldproblem.

What would be much worse was if I had to take screenshot details of bank accounts and it only showed relative dates to now... Now that would be completely unacceptable.

4. Marg4000

Marg4000 Well-Known Member

When I take a screenshot, my ipad records the date on which it is taken. Not on the shot itself, but I can see display my photos in date order.

Check your photo options.
    Marg