The Australian housing bust: Why this time is different

Discussion in 'Property Market Economics' started by Duck1234, 20th Sep, 2018.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. MikeyBallarat

MikeyBallarat Well-Known Member

Yep. You bring up a good point with the SSM stuff. I don’t know why the Liberal Party doesn’t lean more progressive on social issues. It would make them much more popular with younger voters, and the most socially conservative electorates are often safe Labor anyway, at least here in Victoria. If Howard had decided to just say sorry and decided to ratify Kyoto there is a possibility that we may not have had Rudd in 2007.

Surely people don’t vote for Labor because of their borderline Marxist economic policies. I would think that it’s because the hard line conservatives tarnish the Liberal identity. Look at the Australia and Melbourne subreddits for evidence of this.

I’m bloody irate with Murdoch and after this **** I’m not willing to give him a red cent. What was it that he said? If it takes having a Labor government to get rid of Turnbull then I would do it? Maybe crazy rich billionaires like him can weather the storm of a Labor government, but many ordinary working people aren’t willing to make that kind of sacrifice.