The additional conduit has been found in the carpark

Discussion in 'Repairs & Maintenance' started by Shui, 15th Dec, 2020.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. Shui

Shui New Member

Hi everyone,

I’m one of committee and living in a strata small complex for 12 years. There is totally 5 units. Since the new owners had done the major renovations without approval. During the renovation, the conduit had been found and it’s comes up to and goes back to unit 3. The owners had denied any installation of the conduit. However, the pervious committee, pervious owner of unit 3 and mine are believed no conduit in there. Anyway, reported to SM and require technician for inspection .....2 inspections at all.

As per the latest inspection report, stated “Found cable is Sub main for unit 5. Cable repair is very dangerous and was damaged from unit 3 renovations. Unable to determine how the join was installed due to it being under concrete and even see the original photos. Then, suggest to removal of the render so able to inspect the wiring. Installation of 2 boxes with proper conduit to make it safe and needs fire seals on the pipe work.

Can I seek more clarification of the following
    *if removal of the render, the wiring can be identify goes where and tell us a lot about it’s specific purpose with the installation/connection from Lot 3.
    *is possible to disconnect the wiring before installation of 2 boxes ........

Appreciate for your response.

2. Joynz

Joynz Well-Known Member

Isn’t this a question for the electrician?