Tenants want a pet cat

Discussion in 'Property Management' started by Momentum, 16th Jul, 2019.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
Tags:
  1. datto

datto Well-Known Member

I shouldn't be mean spirited but I have had a bad experience with shag pile carpet and cat oopsies.

Yeah I had a big night and ended up crashing on the hallway carpet of a cat lover's abode. I didn't quite make the bedroom. I think it was 3rd door on the left but I hit the deck after counting the second door knob.

Anyway, I woke up to a horrendous smell and two cats on my back. Just next to my face was the wicked cat deposits. There were both fresh and dried varieties all over the place lol.

After chundering, I jumped straight in my car, which had flattened the letterbox earlier that morning and headed to Macca's.

This is my reasoning for charging a substantial amount if a tenant wishes to keep four legged pets in the house.

2. Ted Varrick

Ted Varrick Well-Known Member

I can't say that your hallway experience was ideal.

Not being a fan of cats myself, possibly due to their attitude problems (but this is really a discussion to be had in the First World Problems thread, rather than here...), I would ask from your post above above, did you flatten the letterbox because of your aversion to undeclared pets perhaps indulging in a new innovative kind of Short Term Let, and/or is the extra charge some kind of Squatters Fee due to four legged freeloading tenants that are not on the lease?

Dan Wood and Michael Mitchell like this.
  3. datto

datto Well-Known Member

The letter box got flattened because I was under the influe....the influe ......the letter box jumped straight out in front of me.

Ted Varrick and Michael Mitchell like this.
  4. Ted Varrick

Ted Varrick Well-Known Member

Thought so, and this may be a reason why many Macca's do not have letter boxes, due to the haste of their customers to park their vehicles in an orderly manner.

datto likes this.