Tenant wants to take us to VCAT - Help pls

Discussion in 'Property Management' started by Tinaandalex, 12th Jul, 2016.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. thatbum

thatbum Well-Known Member

It probably was the tenant. But honestly, does it matter? You had nothing to be afraid of from council (which I said earlier btw), and if the tenant tries to bring it up in tribunal, it will dilute the merits of his case. It doesn't mean he's a 'scammer' or whatever that even means.

Seriously, this case is much simpler than you (and some others in this thread) keep trying to make it out to be. We spoke extensively about this. Stop getting distracted by irrelevant considerations.

ellejay and Terry_w like this.
  2. Tinaandalex

Tinaandalex Well-Known Member

yep we talked about this and luckily we did. Okay, will follow expert instructions and wait for Vcat. Will keep everyone informed as how we come about this.

regards,
    Tina

JenW likes this.
  3. Tinaandalex

Tinaandalex Well-Known Member

Here's a few updates on our lengthy old post.
    We went to VCAT last week and tried to put forward our view (ads, photos, text messages, rent discount doc etc). Tenant was consistent when he acknowledged our agreement of my husband working in common area (eventhough he said only on rare circumstances) and then completely denied it saying we never asked for his permission.
    The judge couldn't decide on the day as he said it's too complicated. We expect to hear about his decision in the next 6 weeks (it feels like forever to us :-((((). Not sure what it means for us thou but I guess at least we've tried our best.

My husband has tried to avoid using the common area since then. However this afternoon he had to enter his work desk to print a document. It's when the tenant attacked him by throwing his computer on the floor. My husband has rang the police to report on this incident. Tenant has also rang police separately to blame my husband's 'illegal' access.
    Q1: is it legal for my husband to still enter his work area (not often thou) while waiting for vcat's decision?
    Q2: what else should we do after this afternoon's incident? What else can we do if police will not turn up?

regards,
    Tina

Skyegirl and Perthguy like this.
  4. hobo

hobo Well-Known Member

Appreciate your coming back with an update; hope there's a final resolution soon.

Please do let us know how it pans out in the end.

5. SeafordSunshine

SeafordSunshine Well-Known Member

After this afternoon's incident, Perhaps you should also notify VCAT.
    Give them the Police incident number, make and model of the computer and its replacement cost for consideration.

I hope this helps.

6. SeafordSunshine

SeafordSunshine Well-Known Member

After this afternoon's assault incident, Perhaps you should also notify VCAT.
    (It wouldn't let me edit my post...)
    Have the Police offered you any advice?
    I think VCAT sometimes permits immediate evictions if there is domestic violence?
    How should you protect yourself?
    Are you continuing to keep a diary?
    I hope this helps.

7. Gypsyblood

Gypsyblood Well-Known Member

Scaphella likes this.