Tenant not paying rent

Discussion in 'Property Management' started by striple, 5th Apr, 2016.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. Skilled_Migrant

Skilled_Migrant Well-Known Member

• Listing on National Tenancy Database Isn't the viciousness evident ? The landlord is more than happy to put the tenant onto the database even though the rent is only 14 days late (which is legally permissible). The damage (homelessness) to the tenant for future tenancies is much more than what an investor would experience say in case of credit history.
    • This is how biased the tribunal is The posters are lamenting that the tribunal has granted an (legally permitted) adjournment to the tenant who is facing homelessness. The imbalance lies in options available to landlord (Insurance, Other income streams, NG for losses, PMs for follow up, evicting tenant etc ) vs tenant (tribunal or homelessness). In Australia it is not a level field for the tenant, and still investors find reasons for hardships the tenants/tribunals inflict on them.

2. EN710

EN710 Well-Known Member

• How do you know that the investor is not experiencing other difficulties with the tenant? One post doesn't make the whole "investors" vicious. I think there are set criteria for the Database, I'm not sure if 14 days late fits the criteria (haven't check this for a long time).
    Options that comes at costs. They didn't get this option for free and does come with conditions.

Because it does inflicts hardship on landlords. Each party is taking care of their interest. You have heard the vent from landlord. There is no vent from tenant here unfortunately.

I view it this way - tenancy is an exchange of service. It becomes a problem when one party does not fulfill their part of the agreement. It does not matter if one has more "options".

And I will stop here. I think it's far too detached from original thread.

3. Skilled_Migrant

Skilled_Migrant Well-Known Member

The posts have been treated at face value.
    How many posts would make the "investors" vicious ?
    Options are subsidized by the tax payer. Would be interesting to see how many can afford these options without NG and CGT exemptions.

The tenants interests are physiological (Maslow's hierarchy) and much more punitive when viewed against the landlord's. There are societies which recognize this and grant much more protection to tenants.

• View it this way - tenancy is an exchange of inequitable service (Subsidized by tax payer for the landlord) under financial and physiological duress of one party.
    • Fulfillment of agreement includes the rights of both the parties.

Ok.

4. Marty McDonald

Marty McDonald Mortgage broker Business Member

snore