Tenant bashes elderly landlord

Discussion in 'Property Management' started by Tim86, 25th Aug, 2015.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. vbplease

vbplease Well-Known Member

Hope it works out for your dad Tim and the guy gets charged.. Chances are the guy already has a record.

Esh and Tim86 like this.
  2. Tim86

Tim86 Well-Known Member

I would have noticed the details because Im good at my job. Details such as the use of the words "want to" or from the previous topic "feel like" and realised that they are normal expressions of emotions and not stating intent. Then I would have taken into consideration the context of the statements, which was requesting alternatives to violent actions. If I was bad at my job I would have made assumptions and missed critical details.

What risk rating would i give someone like that? They are talking to others in order to vent and process their emotions and thoughts in order to think clearly and they are seeking alternatives to violence. I would rate that as no risk.

But in my job I aim to be understanding. Pinkboys aim is obviously to grind an axe. And thats just who he is. Worth ignoring in my book. Ill have to find that ignore function.

As for the people that have shared level headed responses, I do appreciate it. It does help with thinking things through.

WattleIdo likes this.
  3. Tim86

Tim86 Well-Known Member

I
    Hope so too.

4. Tim86

Tim86 Well-Known Member

Yeah self managed. But they should still have options regarding blacklisting surely.

5. neK

neK Well-Known Member

Its ok to vent. But you stand to lose more if you follow through.
    But I'm sure you know that already :)

Time is your friend.... ;)

Esh and Tim86 like this.
  6. Tim86

Tim86 Well-Known Member

I spent 2 hrs cutting up granite benchtops today so that was pretty therapeutic lol

Sackie and Esh like this.
  7. 158

158 Well-Known Member

My opinion is that those with the opinion that they need to resort to violence or to seek revenge instead of finding a legal and procedural solution is those people should seek help of a professional.

pinkboy

8. sanj

sanj Well-Known Member Premium Member

come on guys most of us would have the initial reaction of wanting revenge if someone hurt our family.

tim - sorry to hear this happened to your dad, take it from someone who in the past has gone down the path of taking things into your own hands, this can bring more trouble than it's worth. let the cops handle it.

jim1964, 738, Esh and 5 others like this.
  9. Peter_Tersteeg

Peter_Tersteeg Mortgage Broker Business Member

Wanting to hurt someone after they committed an assault on someone close to you is a perfectly reasonable initial reaction. It doesn't mean that you're going to follow through on it.

If someone pushed my Dad down some stairs, I'd probably want to do something fairly nasty things to them...

...It wouldn't be necessary though. Dad would probably calmly walk back up the stairs and politely explain why that was a very silly thing to do.

Tim I hope your Dad is okay.

Last edited: 25th Aug, 2015
    Tim86 likes this.
  10. spludgey

spludgey Well-Known Member

Definitely!
    If he acted like that, there's a decent chance he might be on probation or something.

Tim86 likes this.
  11. neK

neK Well-Known Member

The worse part about scum like this is that if they have nothing to lose, which is why they don't think about their actions.

@spludgey - its tenants like these that scare me away from the IP types you buy. I just don't think I can handle it....

Toon likes this.
  12. spludgey

spludgey Well-Known Member

We don't know that this was in Logan or Ipswich (unless I missed it).

I work in Parramatta every day, so I guess there's a higher chance of something like that happening there than at one of my IPs.
    Plus, there was just a body found in a bin in Epping (NSW) as well as attempted abductions near Epping station recently. You can't say that this isn't one of the better areas in Sydney to live in, yet stuff like that happens there. So I'll take my chances as nothing in life is without some level of risk.

13. jim1964

jim1964 1941

Brothers 1% family make a living out of this.

14. bob shovel

bob shovel Well-Known Member

You outsource to the 1% they own you! An independent business person, with your goals is preferred

Brian84 and jim1964 like this.
  15. HUGH72

HUGH72 Well-Known Member

Totally understand where you are coming from, anyone would feel the same but it doesn't mean you would.
    I think your father should look to take this further with the police as well as evicting the tenant. The tenant also needs to be listed on TICA, I don't know if this is possible when self managing.
    Hope your father can kick this deadbeat out asap.

16. HUGH72

HUGH72 Well-Known Member

You can get scum bags living anywhere. Unfortunately nice house doesn't always =nice tenant.

17. Hanison

Hanison Well-Known Member

The question on everyone's lips is...

Was this the alleged drug tenant that goes on benders and stays awake for 5 days straight ?

18. Brian84

Brian84 Well-Known Member

When your there for the eviction the tenant might " come at you" then you have to act in self defence. Just saying its a possibility.

19. WattleIdo

WattleIdo midas touch

You know what? I don't think your Dad would appreciate being referred to as 'elderly'! o_O
    Only arond 60 - maybe still in his 50's! :cool: He did well to not retaliate.

bob shovel likes this.
  20. WestOz

WestOz Well-Known Member

That sux Tim, my old man could handle himself but if it were my boy or mrs my "initial" thoughts would be the same as yours.

Whats the address, the boys are ready to roll...

[​IMG]

Brian84 likes this.