Ten years on..

Discussion in 'Property Market Economics' started by willair, 14th Sep, 2018.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. willair

willair Well-Known Member Premium Member

2. Dean Collins

Dean Collins Well-Known Member

Worthy reading.

Interesting point about nothing major to 2020 and govt manipulation changing the rules (my personal echo-chamber...?) i still think there will be a short dip in March when people start filing USA tax returns and learning what the Trump tax cuts mean to them.

- https://business.financialpost.com/news/economy/what-the-big-shorts-steve-eisman-thinks-of-the-financial-crisis-10-years-later?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+FP_TopStories+%28Financial+Post+-+Top+Stories%29#comments-area

3. quintets

quintets Active Member

Interesting read.

I remember five years ago there were real estate experts spruiking "How to buy property in the USA" tours through Australia. Are these still going? Or has the market scared everyone off?

4. Dean Collins

Dean Collins Well-Known Member

The big problem in the USA is that mortgages have gone from 30 year fixed 3.5% to 4.25% (and will go up another 0.5% in the next 12 months......

This makes a big big difference to the number of transactions. (will pick up once people forget 3.5% was even a thing in 2-3 years from now).

5. 2FAST4U

2FAST4U Well-Known Member

Democratic People's Republic of Australia
    "When the easy credit vanished, so did a huge pool of potential buyers".

TheSackedWiggle likes this.
  6. FXD

FXD Well-Known Member

Hi experts,

Has anyone had read-between-the-lines thought on Ray Dalio's comment or view on the next US
    crisis as per a recent AFR article, although his view is on the USD plunge.

Also, has anyone had a chance to finish reading his new book titled "A Template For Understanding Big Debt Crises" ? What's your thought on his "debt template" and if it is similarly
    applicable to the Australian situation?

I know there have been lots of argument vs US doom sayers about Australian properties market
    and that out market dynamic is different etc. However, debt is debt and over leveraging of it is
    never a good thing if debts not contributing to productivity or real economic gains.

I am no major in economics of this and will definitely be interested in hearing some of your expert
    opinions.

Thanks,
    FXD