Tell me it can't be done

Discussion in 'Innovative Property Investment Techniques' started by Scott No Mates, 19th Apr, 2017.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
Tags:
  1. paulF

paulF Well-Known Member

Same here and been unsure about it for a while. If i sell and be mortgage free,i'll get the freedom of taking more chances financially due to higher cashflow from my income and and also means much more freedom to do other things in life.
    But on the other side i'll loose an income producing asset with lots of potential CG growth in the future.

Perthguy likes this.
  2. Perthguy

Perthguy Well-Known Member

This is the conundrum. Is holding the property stopping you from taking the next step?

3. Phase2

Phase2 Well-Known Member

I reckon a bunch of my neighbors paid cash for their ppors. Then again they own/control businesses generating 7-8 figures... I'm hoping some of their success will rub off on me one day.

Perthguy and paulF like this.
  4. paulF

paulF Well-Known Member

I don't think so. Not from a financial perspective. I think it's a case of either making good money now and having more freedom or making a lot of money later and being a bit restricted cashflow wise now. By freedom i mean the freedom to quit a job whenever i feel like it or fly overseas to see the family when i feel like... I will still need to work of course but it's not like i want to stop working now.

Perthguy likes this.
  5. Perthguy

Perthguy Well-Known Member

Having options is good :)

paulF likes this.