Sydney - the coming correction 2018-2022

Discussion in 'Property Market Economics' started by sash, 3rd Dec, 2017.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 2FAST4U

2FAST4U Well-Known Member

Democratic People's Republic of Australia
    The 17 “danger” markets included: Wolli Creek, Wentworth Point, Waterloo, Rhodes, Parramatta, Mascot, Homebush, Homebush West, Haymarket, Harris Park, Forest Lodge, Ermington, Epping, Chippendale, Carlingford, Breakfast Point and Zetland.

Duck1234, AndyPandy and jprops like this.
  2. L3ha7

L3ha7 Well-Known Member

Even though I want to have a home for my family (long term) but Somehow spending more than a million on PPOR kinda scare me

RBA on hold: Will house price falls derail rate-increase plans? August 2018 Interest Rates HOLD&utm_medium=email&utm_content=none

3. Someguy

Someguy Well-Known Member

I tend to think winston hills and northmead (the old hills council area) are pretty safe (not saying no drop) will benefit from growth of parramatta and to a lesser degree growth of Westmead. Baulkham Hills on the other hand I feel will lose its prestige anything not near m2 busses or new rail to suffer.Epping carlingford and north rocks offer more to the demographic that is buying in Baulkham Hills.

4. L3ha7

L3ha7 Well-Known Member

North Rockas and WPH are our 1st choice due to proximiry to work and access to M2.

BH,WH and Northmead traffuc can be an issue due to busy windsor rd and other roads but lets see no rush.

Wanttoretire likes this.
  5. Dean Collins

Dean Collins Well-Known Member

Sure....but its so localized eg. go 2k's SW of Wolli Creek and you hit Bardwell Valley which is a gem of an area and worth holding for decades etc....

Basically this is a case of people overpaying for certain developments and not systemic widespread drops.

6. L3ha7

L3ha7 Well-Known Member

7. sash

sash Well-Known Member

highlighter likes this.
  8. ttn

ttn Well-Known Member

Sold for 1.28m in March 2015 which was probably in the middle of the boom. Had been rented since and looks like no reno to date
    https://www.realestate.com.au/property/10-dallwood-ave-epping-nsw-2121

Now for sale with architect designed approved plan and looks like it is owned by the agent or its family or associates. This RE agency has been operating for more than 10 years in the area so I am sure they would know what they are doing right?
    10 Dallwood Avenue Epping NSW 2121 - House for Sale #128948102 - realestate.com.au

How about predicting the property will be sold for how many $$? 1.7m you reckon? or maybe the area prices is crashing down so it's time sell sell sell ;)

9. BoatArrival

BoatArrival Well-Known Member

there are quite a few of 4/2 houses in that area for sale, all asking in between 1.2-1.4, so yeah, I assume that was the sarcasm about them knowing what they are doing. I don't think they do.
    I wouldn't be surprised if the vendor really wants to sell, they would need to go below their 2015 price.

Cia likes this.
  10. Gockie

Gockie Life is good ☺️ Premium Member

Re: Epping.... was this massive underquoting? Screenshot_2018-08-11-19-36-13.png Screenshot_2018-08-11-19-36-43.png

11. sash

sash Well-Known Member

Not really...banks are shy of Epping at the moment...lots of mainlanders tryin' off load OTP units before the day of reckoning comes...

12. ttn

ttn Well-Known Member

For a moment I thought it is asking for 1.35-1.45 :D but looking at auction results sold for 1.85 ... too many cashed up people

13. ttn

ttn Well-Known Member

14. Gockie

Gockie Life is good ☺️ Premium Member

27.59% more.... I don't know who bought it, I'll assume it might have been Aussie Chinese unless I read otherwise.
    That 400k could have bought a house in another city.

15. Whitecat

Whitecat Well-Known Member

Something I'm noticing in my conversations with people who aren't necessarily property investors just general people, is there seems to be getting more and more a general narrative that Brisbane is going to go up. I think certainly the media is very favorable for Brisbane you see a lot of articles saying that it's got the best prospects moving forward so perhaps people are picking up on that. It doesn't really matter how people get that information if people are spreading the word around that Brisbane is going to do well then that's good enough to get that mass psychology buying and paying just a little bit more

Cia likes this.
  16. sash

sash Well-Known Member

Sure does...I have been monitoring this and it is definitely the talk of the town it will take about 18 months to flow through in a bug way...but it is finally happening.....

Cia likes this.
  17. Pier1

Pier1 Well-Known Member

18. sash

sash Well-Known Member

Whitecat likes this.
  19. sash

sash Well-Known Member

Very interesting...it looks like Sydney is playing a large scale correction......the magnitude has surprised even myself.......

20. berten

berten Well-Known Member

Sash, how much further do you think it’s got to go in syd and melb?

We provide our clients with the opportunity to select their own investments from a wide range of ASX listed securities. We provide the research to ensure your selections will achieve the goals. This is the value of advice.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.