NSW Sydney Property Hype 2018

Discussion in 'Where to Buy' started by Gockie, 7th Feb, 2018.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. hash_investor

hash_investor Well-Known Member

totally... Kellyville is already offering good options. I was looking to get something in Quakers Hill / Glenwood but now Kellyville is within reach ... so tempting

2. Bluechips

Bluechips Well-Known Member

Hills District is doing pretty badly at the moment... if someone bought during the peak, the rental yield would not even be 2%. Arguably, one can say Hillls District is more for owner occupiers. But with such low rental yield, one would be tied up by his repayment providing a lot of IO loan is approaching the end... Also, rent is not gonna go up in short or even medium term. Lots of apartments have not even been settled.
    Definitely, there are more negative signs than positive... it's pretty noticeable some vendors in the market have dropped the price... 5-10% or even more from the peak value.

3. dabbler

dabbler Well-Known Member

Your all going to be hyping for a long time before much of Syd adds up as an investment.......it has been shocking for a while now, this thread and others thinking all is ok reminds me of the titanic :)

Brickbybrick likes this.
  4. L3ha7

L3ha7 Well-Known Member

Gold Mate

5. L3ha7

L3ha7 Well-Known Member

I am reading this forum regularly and even though the general vibe shows property prices are down but it still feels expensive to me :(

I think I should start another thread about -What is imp for you when buying PPOR (Long Term)

Bcoz some suburbs of Hills district, some suburbs of Upper north shore/hornsby council fits some (not all) of my criteria but then what to scarifice and what to consider....

6. L3ha7

L3ha7 Well-Known Member

7. Trainee

Trainee Well-Known Member

When did property ever feel cheap to you?

8. Gockie

Gockie Life is good ☺️ Premium Member

My caveat: what is desirable to one person is not desirable to another. For example. North Epping #228.

228. North Epping

Close to the middle of the pack for liveability in the north west, North Epping achieves A-grade results for telecommunications coverage. It also has very good ratings for topographic variation, open space and tree cover, but scores lower for culture, cafes and retail.

People living in North Epping don't live there for the culture, cafes or retail... but they love the village atmosphere, they are not in the hustle and bustle yet still in a place close to nature (National Park surrounds the suburb) with great services, they have no traffic, it's peaceful and they have all the shops, very well regarded schools and transport nearby. This is what's much more important to the local residents....

The article would be much more useful if it didn't rank suburbs as it did but asked the readers what's important to them then gave a list of suburbs that fit the bill.

9. L3ha7

L3ha7 Well-Known Member

You not gonna believe @Gockie but I was thinking about you when I read about NE :)

10. L3ha7

L3ha7 Well-Known Member

In 2012 when I bought my 1st property. @Trainee but for some people that time might be expensive who might have bought in the past...

11. L3ha7

L3ha7 Well-Known Member

Anyone knows why Westleigh is not talk of the town like any other surrounding suburbs? !

12. standtall

standtall Well-Known Member

Far from train line, lots of commercial area, smaller suburb.

13. L3ha7

L3ha7 Well-Known Member

I got an email from RE agent stating that tgey have already (seen) dropped about 8%-13% since July last year in Carlingford Epping surrounding and thinks it won't change anymore for few years (may be saying this to encourage me to buy lol)

14. L3ha7

L3ha7 Well-Known Member

Thanks for that @standtall

15. Gockie

Gockie Life is good ☺️ Premium Member

It's not a well known suburb! Bit of a hidden gem :)

16. Bluechips

Bluechips Well-Known Member

I was thinking about the same but very hesitant by such low rental yield. Unless you can find a bargain and build a granny flat, as such rental yield can be improved by large. But outlook for hills is still negative...
    Even if you do have spare cash, you don't wanna put all eggs into one basket and missing out other opportunities in outskirts Melbourne or Brisbane

17. L3ha7

L3ha7 Well-Known Member

I like the sound of adding a granny flat.

In relation to rental yields-you are correct, very low. Infact people who be renting in hills are better off than the landlords.

In our case we are looking for Home (long term-hopefully) that can accomodate our current and future needs without breaking our back (not interested in anything above 1.3/4 mil bcoz stamo duty also plays a huge part)

Abd definitely, would like to have good land size, I do not want to pay 1.2mill for 350sqm lol

18. RedHat

RedHat Well-Known Member

I'll add Epping as well to the above list where most sales are between 1.5-1.6mil and not much stock selling.Units selling more as compared to free standing house

19. KinG3o0o

KinG3o0o Well-Known Member

looking good for us hunting PPOR.. like someone else ask.. when do we get back on the gravy train.!

L3ha7 likes this.
  20. L3ha7

L3ha7 Well-Known Member

Let's buy 2 and ask for volume discount :)