Sydney Lockdown Protests 24 July 21

Discussion in 'COVID-19' started by Terry_w, 24th Jul, 2021.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sanj

sanj Well-Known Member Premium Member

Let's not also forget that you are now going to see literally millions of Americans spending years or decades paying off the cost of their healthcare as a result of getting covid, you're going to see yearly medical bankruptcies fly past the million mark.

But apparently it's a bad idea to beprotecting people in a country with inequitable access to healthcare and unaffordable healthcare for a large % of the population.

Nothing says freedom like carrying a debt for decades or losing your home because you had to pay a hospital bill it's waaaaay easier to do that than people trying to think of the collective good.

How come not of the so called concerned citizens claiming fighting for the small businesses getting crushed by covid never protested for the rights of victims of covid to not be saddled with debt from a pandemic??? Doesn't suit the narrative? Can be hard to pretend to care about anyone other than themselves after a while?

2. sanj

sanj Well-Known Member Premium Member

Holy crap, did someone really just compare murder with a contagious, Invisible disease and pretend the approach to addressing the 2 issues is worthy of comparison?

I just want to make sure I'm not reading things. Level 7 logical fallacy badge unlocked. Congrats.

First we had Pauline Hanson with her take on "1+1=15 and what's the again?" Then we had the esteemed Rhodes scholar Jacqui Lambie with her amazing intro to public discourse with that memorable Trainwreck interview of Sarah Palin like proportions.

Now we have someone who
    a)is certain he knows how to handle an epidemic better than people who literally study infectious diseases as a lifelong vocation, PLUS the entire governments of a nation literally doing better than just about any nation on earth.

B) equated the fight against covid with the an escalating murder rate and did so with the flourish of Karl pilkington

3. dabbler

dabbler Well-Known Member

No one I know, personally, or, in public, supports these people.

It is like the rest of our policy and politics these days, driven by the vocal minority, either at such things, or social media, or the media itself.

Lizzie and skater like this.
  4. Simon Hampel

Simon Hampel Founder Staff Member

That's fine - you are free to take whatever risks you choose to with your own life.

But you have no right to impose those same risks on the rest of the population just because you don't care how many actual people die from this disease.

Are your parents or grandparents still alive? Have you told them that if they die from COVID because we stopped lockdowns to suit you, their deaths won't matter because they are old?

Do you know anyone with health issues? Have you told them that if they die from COVID because we stopped lockdowns to suit you, their deaths won't matter because they are unwell?

Let the scared and vulnerable lockdown so the rest of us can get back to work? That means I can never see my dad again because he is at risk. That means I can never see my sister again because she is at risk.

Think about what you're actually asking for here for once.

Last edited: 27th Jul, 2021
    craigc, wylie, Phoenix Pete and 4 others like this.
  5. skater

skater Well-Known Member

Hold on a minute. Covid is fine, because it only kills the elderly? Seriously!

I won't bother looking up the stats that shows that its not just the elderly, but that statement is just so utterly wrong. Are you fine if it kills your elderly parents or relatives? Or is that OK, because hey, they've lived a long enough life?

Phoenix Pete and Lizzie like this.
  6. skater

skater Well-Known Member

Same here, and I've got some questionable Facebook 'friends' through association with my sport and rescue animals. Nice well meaning people, but with completely different belief systems.

Lizzie likes this.
  7. skater

skater Well-Known Member

Same....except for me it be my entire family. But hey, who cares, right? @2FAST4U can get on with his life. That's what matters.

8. Simon Hampel

Simon Hampel Founder Staff Member

This thread stopped being about the actual protests a long time ago - I don't think there's any more value here, just rehashing old debates. Closing the thread.

Gockie, wylie, Lizzie and 1 other person like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.