NSW Sydney going OTT

Discussion in 'Where to Buy' started by Propertunity, 20th Feb, 2017.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. 2FAST4U

2FAST4U Well-Known Member

Democratic People's Republic of Australia
  2. Sam Yue

Sam Yue Well-Known Member

Cycle to cronulla! that is really far. I only cycle with kids from summer hill along greenway to the Bay Run track.

3. Rolf Latham

Rolf Latham Inciteful (sic) Staff Member Business Plus Member

that property was always near 2 mill as vacant land.

Having been local to the area for a long time and a close personal interest on a property coming up for sale soonish, based on the silly 1365 price guide and fake ?? 1400 k reserve of course it looks like a great result for the agent...............

ta

rolf

t

4. Jacque

Jacque Jacque Parker Premium Member

Buyers guides aren't always inaccurate. We actually were pursuing this Glebe property for a client and unfortunately were the underbidders on Sat with it selling less than 10% over the $2m revised guide at $2,141,000. It sometimes does actually depend on the level of interest (and some would say madness :D) from the buyers and their willingness to go over and above FMV. Not all agents underquote, believe it or not....

5. Cimbom

Cimbom Well-Known Member

6. Pentanol

Pentanol Well-Known Member

Wow @Jello_B any reason why she wanted Mosman? My wife moved up to Sydney and we chose Strathfield as a nice central location to rent. Its a 1/1/1 and 3 mins walk to the station for $350 per week and thats good for us with lots of amenities within 5 mins walk. I feel like the space is adequate for our needs and we have no need to use our cars during the week!

Gladys and WattleIdo like this.
  7. neK

neK Well-Known Member

@Pentanol That seems quite cheap in Strathfield.
    I remember when I rented a 1/1/1 in Strathfield, that cost me $400 per week in 2010!
    (It was the "newer" apartments in Beresford Rd - built in early 2000).

8. Pentanol

Pentanol Well-Known Member

@neK Yeah we were pretty chuffed with the price but obviously its like a 30-40 year old apartment so nothing like your new place! The only thing we wished we thought about was the aircon which the place lacked but its no biggie! We didn't have to offer more than the asking rent or more than one month bond which was another win!

9. bmc

bmc Well-Known Member

@Jello_B it looks to be a strata complex (SP56471). which will typically have common property, common walls, body corp fees etc., you basically own the airspace.
    NB: However i have set up some Strata Schemes to minimise the common property and give ownership of the part or all of the building to individual lot owners. (it becomes complicated)

with a TorrensTitle (freehold title (green title - WA terminology) townhouse or terrace etc. there will be separate services, you own the structures within your parcel boundary, if there is a common wall, it (should) will have an easement for support (cross easement) over that wall.
    there are some freestanding terraces around, but generally developers built a row of many over several lots.

welcome to Sydney

Attached Files:

10. Jello_B

Jello_B Well-Known Member

Thanks BMC, won't I own my portion of the Body Corp (ie land).

Last edited: 1st Mar, 2017
  11. bmc

bmc Well-Known Member

correct. the building, walls, services etc are generally common property within the scheme unless noted on the plan or additional bylaws.

12. Lacrim

Lacrim Well-Known Member

13. MyPropertyPro

MyPropertyPro REBAA Buyer's Agents Sutherland Shire & Surrounds Business Member

Well this clearly isn't accurate. No one in Sydney had the foresight to make roads that wide! ;)

fols, radson, andrew_t and 4 others like this.
  14. Kenny

Kenny New Member

15. Jello_B

Jello_B Well-Known Member

Thanks, I think I could be around that money.

16. wannabe

wannabe Member

17. Excalibur1

Excalibur1 Well-Known Member

Don't try and understand the market - just ride the wave :) know how to take advantage of it. that works in the financial markets. I think same can be applied to property, because it has become like financial market.

ndpjai likes this.
  18. virgo

virgo Well-Known Member

I went into one of the Big 4 banks last Friday to get quotes for insurance...

when business is finished, the banker leaned over and said " would you like to be informed if any of the of the plan contracts fall over?" i had to do a double take...

Apparently now that this particular bank is no more looking at foreign income for financing purposes, many of the foreign investors of these off the plan are going to be caught out soon...

The banker also told me she has passed two contracts over to her other customers...at a 100K discount to original price...

Suburb: Carlingford

elhnim and Gockie like this.
  19. eyespy1

eyespy1 Well-Known Member

My conveyancer told me that her foreign clients who haven't been able to get finance from local banks have gotten finance from places with very high interest rates so their plan is to settle and then on sell their properties. Foreign buyers are now only buying if they get vendor finance, eg from Meriton. So the question is, for the foreign buyers who cannot get any finance to settle, how will they pass on the contract ? Is it through the banks like you mentioned Virgo, or other avenues ?

20. sash

sash Well-Known Member

The fall over is already happening...that contagion will spill over to houses...watch what happens over the next 24-30 months...

That is nuts...the people who are paying these prices are rank amateurs the smarts ones are getting out...quick smart....