Sunshine Coast weather reality check

Discussion in 'Living Room' started by ellejay, 15th Jul, 2016.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. ellejay

ellejay Well-Known Member

Just having a few days in Sunshine Coast and had some sun, but now it's raining for a few days. I considered buying an investment/getaway in this area. I've heard it cops a bit of rain though? What does that mean in reality? It can't be all bad can it? I lived in Northern Europe for years so don't want to swap the hot and sunny inland for the coast if it's going to be a wash out. Any experiences from rain haters?

2. Sonamic

Sonamic Well-Known Member

Move along, nothing to see here. :p

3. Whitecat

Whitecat Well-Known Member

The Sunshine Coast is beautiful. Greener than bne si yes probably reasons more.
    Bom will tell you

4. Heinz57

Heinz57 Well-Known Member

It rains a bit

5. beachgurl

beachgurl Well-Known Member

I used to fly to the Sunshine Coast regularly for work. In the hotter months it rains a lot. And if you're really lucky the planes have to abort their landing due to poor weather and divert to Brisbane.

6. Jamie Moore

Jamie Moore MORTGAGE BROKER - AUSTRALIA WIDE Business Member

Just got back from two weeks in Noosa and was fortunate to only have one day of rain - but I've never been there outside of winter.

The Sunshine Coast really appeals to me - I like the laid back vibe and sun in July :)

Cheers

Jamie

ellejay likes this.
  7. Ed Barton

Ed Barton Well-Known Member

We get most of our rain in summer. Because it's warm it's not as bothering. Don't get much rain in winter. It's not unusual to go weeks without a drop.

8. Jamie Moore

Jamie Moore MORTGAGE BROKER - AUSTRALIA WIDE Business Member

For those living on the coast - what are your thoughts on Peregian Beach? I've spent literally 30 minutes in the area but it seemed really nice. Good local shops - supposed to have good schools. Far enough away from Noosa to avoid the crowds - but close enough to pop in whenever you like.

Cheers

Jamie

9. Angel

Angel Well-Known Member

We usually have dry winters and evening storms in Summer. If you are really lucky you might get a cyclone. I think there has only been one since the early 70s and it was all fizzled out by the time it got here. You didn't want to hear bout cyclones, then?

Those days when it rains non stop are very rare. Really. Most times it is fine most of the day and we just get a shower or two and only for a few minutes at a time.

ellejay likes this.
  10. Angel

Angel Well-Known Member

Jamie, living at any beach that is away from the touristy meccas will be lovely.

Jamie Moore and bob shovel like this.