Suggestions of loyal, honest real estate agents in Holland Park West, Brisbane

Discussion in 'The Buying & Selling Process' started by Propin, 27th Mar, 2019.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. Propin

Propin Well-Known Member

I'm asking for a friend who is selling. I'd like to know who the better real estate agents are that are selling in this area?

2. Anthony416

Anthony416 Well-Known Member

You lost most people at Loyal and Honest.

Yes, "better" is all you can hope for :)

housechopper2 and Propin like this.
  3. Clyde

Clyde Well-Known Member

I was going to direct him to the joke thread.....

That said, I know some agents and agent owners that are honest and loyal people. My uncle being one. Retired now. Unfortunately I know none in Perth.

Those agents will be doing some work these days. Getting those sales and rentals over the line is not so easy these days. It has been so easy for so long that some may have actually forgotten how to sell property. And some of the later ones have never had to 'sell' a property before. They may have to learn. And actually have to do something for their money.

Propin likes this.
  4. Propin

Propin Well-Known Member

Haha, yeah probably not worded the best. The property is in Brisbane but I'm guessing market only slightly better than Perth. It's Mrs Propin :) .She saw one agent who appraised at $550,000 for 600sqm block, tidy, average 60's property. When I looked I thought the price was closer to $580,000 to $600,000. So yes, hoping for someone who will be prepared to try a bit harder but not being from Brisbane I don't have a good grasp on market and agents. I have a friend who is a part-time agent and actress, lol, but she's based at Calamvale, I guess 30 minutes out not too bad..

5. Sackie

Sackie Well-Known Member

Agents (fairly safe to say most agents) care about their commissions. That's it. Doesn't mean you can't get a good agent working on your property, but to think they are working 'for you' is a mistake. They are working for themselves, They will do whatever they need to do to get the transaction done so they can get paid. That doesn't necessarily mean you won't get a good outcome, but that's not their primary concern. Closing the deal to get a commission is.

Every time I have sold something I only tell my agent 80% of what they need to know. I never tell them my real bottom line until its absolute crunch time and offers are on the table. I (secretly) treat my own agent as if the buyer can hear everything I am telling them.

Propin and hammer like this.
  6. Nuncasuficiente

Nuncasuficiente Well-Known Member

You would have better luck finding a unicorn.

Shop around read lots of review and don’t settle for mediocre. Been there done that.

housechopper2 and Propin like this.
  7. Trainee

Trainee Well-Known Member

Are you willing to buy it for 580? Save on agents fees too.

8. willair

willair Well-Known Member Premium Member

Propin likes this.
  9. Propin

Propin Well-Known Member

I'm winding down, selling off myself!

10. Propin

Propin Well-Known Member

Thanks @willair! I bought my first property through this agency 25 years ago! I'm sure my RE Agent is living it up somewhere in retirement though :) He was a developer as well. I'll check out Craig.

willair likes this.