Suggestions for (physically) disposing of a house (Brisbane)

Discussion in 'Renovation & Home Improvement' started by quop, 12th May, 2016.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. quop

quop Well-Known Member

Friends of mine have purchased an existing house and land, and need to dispose of the existing house in order to build a new one designed to suit the particular needs of one of the family members. It will cost them about $10k for demolition.

Does anyone have experience or suggestions as to other ways of achieving the same aim for less/no cost, within a 1 month timeframe? E.g. they're happy to give it away for free if there's a taker. The house is in Salisbury, Brisbane. Probably hardwood frame, probably asbestos walls.

They've tried gumtree - one lead but now not responding. They're also contacted 5 companies that pay to remove houses but apparently there's no interest in this house. Thought I'd try checking the PC brains trust for ideas :)

[​IMG]

2. bob shovel

bob shovel Well-Known Member

3. bob shovel

bob shovel Well-Known Member

@Tim86 will take it off your hands he's got some free time.

Tell them to buy a cheap block of land not to fat out of the city and shift it for themselves

Tim86 likes this.
  4. wylie

wylie Moderator Staff Member

If there is asbestos in the walls, have they had a quote to demolish it? That $10k may increase if the asbestos has to be removed first.

I'm surprised they haven't had more luck as a "give away".

Try a local Facebook Buy, Sell, Swap group. Probably won't work but maybe they could sell the weatherboards, and other bits and pieces to offset the cost of the remainder of the demo?

5. willair

willair Well-Known Member Premium Member

Depending on the time frame ,,a simple add in the weekend courier mail with house for removal or demo for 10k will get over 40 phone calls,out of those 40 plus calls as some will be local demo recycle companies that are based in Salisbury evans rd based would level this place in 48 hours..

6. Joynz

Joynz Well-Known Member

In my opinion they should leap at paying just $10,000. Especially if there is asbestos. Be careful that it isn't dodgy brothers dumping it in bushland though!

To make up for the cost, they could get the cheaper taps and the laminate benchtop instead of stone etc.

7. quop

quop Well-Known Member

Thanks for the responses. I'm not sure if the $10k is a proper quote or a guesstimate, nor if it factors in asbestos walls. I'll pass on the comments that this might be low, and the newspaper ad suggestion.

Other friends have also suggested the demo recycle companies / selling bits to offset the cost of demolition, so hopefully they'll get some hits with those.

Build Passive Income WITHOUT Dropping $15K On Buyers Agents Each Time! Helping People Achieve PASSIVE INCOME Using Our Unique Data-Driven System, So You Can Confidently Buy Top 5% Growth & Cashflow Property, Anywhere In Australia