Suggested portfolio for around $1000 000?

Discussion in 'Share Investing Strategies, Theories & Education' started by Butterfly88, 15th Dec, 2017.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. The Falcon

The Falcon Well-Known Member

It's very easy to back fill.....that's their livelihood.

Chris Au likes this.
  2. Butterfly88

Butterfly88 Well-Known Member

Hi there. Yes. Been busy renovating a house and selling all our unnecessary stuff. Meantime we have decided to put trust in @Alex Straker to handle our affairs at least initially while we bone up on this type of investing. Alex offers education as well as advice so it seems a sensible option. P.S His fee structure was a little more palatable...

Hosko, Terry_w and Cadbury99 like this.
  3. Alex Straker

Alex Straker Financial Life Coach Business Member

@ErYan Really appreciate the nice comments bro and absolutely highly respect what you say here too. Although I am bit busier than average this year and not able to hang out as much I will aim to keep giving away some really practical and useful general info here, it's honestly great to have a little bit of feedback from people like yourself that you are seeing good value in this stuff :) Growth in an investment is productive but growth in yourself is invaluable and my aim here is to help people grow in goodwill together.

4. Frank Manno

Frank Manno Well-Known Member

I remember that quote from you Kat and I didn't understand it at the time but now, months later with more experience under my belt I have to say you were 100% right.

-Frank

5. Frank Manno

Just be very careful with what you do and don't do anything unless you understand it. Don't trust anyone with your money either. Take their suggestion but you have to do your own homework don't just buy stocks because someone told you to..

The thing is, those of us who don't know much about investing but have money to invest need to get advice somewhere.

At times I've even considered 'giving up' by putting my money in term deposits until the Sydney property market starts to grow again, this could take a long while.. and then just buy property. Sure, it won't deliver the yield but at least I can sleep at night knowing that I'm no relying on anyone for anything in regards to investing.

In regards to the 1%.. Here is a quote from a recent article I read.

“If you have two identical people but one has got $100,000 and one person has got $1 million why should the person with $1 million have to pay 10 times more for the same advice? ”

-Frank

Last edited: 30th Apr, 2018
    sharon, Anne11, Nodrog and 2 others like this.
  6. Frank Manno

1% for advise is totally ridiculous if you ask me..

Look at it like this.

Lets say moderate risk yield on $1m is around 4.5%..

So you get $45k per year and the advisor gets $10k per year.. And to keep you happy at your 4.5% he has to take on added risk by making your money work harder because what it needs to make is 5.5%

-Frank

Anne11 and Terry_w like this.
  7. Kat

Kat Well-Known Member

Thanks Frank. It's nice to be right occasionally

Frank Manno likes this.