Success is about MINDSET

Discussion in 'Investor Psychology & Mindset' started by MTR, 23rd Dec, 2018.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
Tags:
  1. MTR

MTR Well-Known Member

……… and its not just about the money

Success Is A Mindset. Here's Why That's Important. - Mahindra Raj

Extract

How is it possible that two people who have the same “wish” of building a super successful business, take quite opposite actions and paths?

Emotion comes from the type of mindset you cultivate daily – how you choose to see the world around you and what you choose to focus on.

Focus mainly on problems and you generally create “fear based emotions”. Fear based emotions (you guessed it), leads to either non-action or low quality actions.

Focus on opportunities and solutions, and you generally create “empowering emotions”. That leads to intelligent, proactive, and high quality actions.

Chris Au, Kassy and bmc like this.
  2. Chris Au

Chris Au Well-Known Member

Love it....

"All he (person A) keeps focusing on is the fact that he doesn't have money, and on the risk of failure if he borrows the money for example.

He focuses on everything that could go wrong, and on how hard or long it could take to make his investment back, even if he could get the money together.

He has spent decades of his life focusing on problems rather than on finding solutions."

opposed to...

"He (person B) has been building up his skills and mindset daily, in whatever way he can. He's been proactively searching for opportunities such as the one he's just been offered.

He focuses on the upside of any opportunity that comes his way, while adopting a “forward-thinking” way of evaluating the potential risks.

He has developed a mindset and habit of doing proper research, while tapping into every available resource he has, in order to find ways to minimize any possible risks.

Which of the two people do you think will succeed in business or even life in general?"

Just need to find those posts from @Sackie , and others, who posted some great podcasts about mindset. For me, it comes back to what you feed your mind. feed it scarcity and you will end with a desert, feed it with food and you'll finish with a feast.

MTR likes this.
  3. spludgey

spludgey Well-Known Member

I think mindsets are extremely important, but also have dimishing returns.
    So if you've bought a few investment properties and are doing generally okay, I don't think that watching a while bunch of inspirational speeches is really going to make a difference.

I know that a lot of people will disagree with me, but that's fine.

4. MTR

MTR Well-Known Member

So you completely missed the point its not about property, not even close....

5. spludgey

spludgey Well-Known Member

I'm saying that you already have a fairly successful mindset, all that videos like that are going to do is make you feel good for half an hour.
    All that mindset/empowerment stuff is useful, but only up to a certain level. Above that, I feel that gains are marginal.

Plus sometimes there seems to be this mystic pseudo religious quality attributed to mindsets, which I don't see as being helpful.
    I'm not saying that you or the video are doing this, but it does happen a bit.

6. Ace in the Hole

Ace in the Hole Well-Known Member

It’s the application of the positive mindset, consistently over a long period of time which makes all the difference.
    Basically habit building.
    How many people would genuinely practice improving their positive mindset regularly over a period of years?
    Very few I’d assume would persist after a short period, when life just gets in the way, and go back to their usual routine.
    Those that do it for long enough to make the changes are the ones who will learn to find success in virtually everything they do.

Chris Au, Eric Wu and Sackie like this.
  7. Sackie

Sackie Well-Known Member

Imo, Mindset is almost everything. Especially pertinent for those wanting to achieve massive amounts consistently over an extended period.

Chris Au and Harry30 like this.
  8. Harry30

Harry30 Well-Known Member

I find it helpful to do a behavioural ‘to do’ list each day. We all do ‘to do’ lists (well, a lot of us do) on things we want to achieve, but few do this around behaviours and mindset. If I think there is a hard day ahead, I think about how to flip it, and turn the bad day into a good day. Identify the one or 2 things you need to do. Being positive and optimistic is not easy, you need to work on it each and every day.

9. Ghoti

Ghoti Well-Known Member

I think its important to understand risks and have mitigations in place. Focussing only on the upside leaves you very exposed...maybe a negative mindset; so be it.

I've heard how Olympians have a total winning focus, but reality is each event has only one gold and far fewer medal winners than entrants. Sure, I don't aim to have it all...I'm happy with enough.

spludgey likes this.
  10. Eric Wu

Eric Wu Well-Known Member

well said, @Ace in the Hole can't put it in any better way

without actions or applications, good mindset won't do anything.

and the 20% is not easy at all, it takes a whole lot to get where you want to go.

BTW, @Sackie, Leo, you really need to give us a warning before you change you avatar, nearly lost when first see your new avatar. ;):eek:

Last edited: 25th Dec, 2018
  11. Sackie

Sackie Well-Known Member

Duly noted mate :)

Eric Wu likes this.