Subscription data sources. How much do you use them?

Discussion in 'Property Information Resources & Tools' started by RealSprinter, 29th Dec, 2020.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. RealSprinter

RealSprinter Member

Hi

Apologies if covered elsewhere, I did look but didnt find anything that quite covered my questions.

So getting "back on the horse" Im looking at regional areas rather than capital cities. Ive no preference so looking at data sources to narrow my search and make a more educated decision. Ive found a number of subscription services all claiming to offer the solution. And maybe they do. While none Ive looked at a super expensive also none are cheap.Its hard looking to know if the $80pm service is really only half as good as the $160 service.

Ive looked at, amongst others,
    realestateinvestar.com.au
    dsrdata.com.au
    HATG.com.au
    sqmresearch.com.au

Does anyone use these services? If so do you use the more premium versions or the basics? How do you use it? Ie to research an area youve already decided on? Or to find the area for you? Are they just overhyped excel sheets using data freely available?

Again Im sure this has been covered extensively but I didnt find it so feel free to just link to an existing thread if appropriate.

2. thatbum

thatbum Well-Known Member

I use rpdata all the time for my DD but only use the most basic of features to find comparable sales data.

RealSprinter likes this.