Subdivision - Telstra delay!

Discussion in 'Development' started by benofbrisbane, 18th Mar, 2016.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. benofbrisbane

benofbrisbane Well-Known Member

Hi I am doing a small subdivision on the south side of Brisbane.

Apparently since Oct last year Telstra have changed the way they do the new connections.

Rather than Telstra just doing it all for free in a timely manner, now I have to do 90% of the work submit as con drawings to Telstra who have 8 weeks to provide a quote to do the remainder of the work. You have no choice but to accept the quote. Once you accept the quote there is no timeframe offered as to when the work might be done.

This is very annoying because you either cannot get your plan sealed by BCC unless this work is done or if you can using smartseal, you cannot sell the properties until the Telstra work has been carried out due to an undertaking that you have give BCC at the time of sealing not to do so.

All this means that there is a delay of some three months or more to get sales.

As you can imagine this is very frustrating as everything else is pretty much done.

Apparently everyone is in the same boat as no one knew the impact of these recent changes.

Anyway, just wondering if anyone else has come across this issue and if so whether they have been able to shorten the process somehow or if anyone has any hot contacts in Telstra that may be able to assist.

I am happy to provide a reward for information leading to an early conclusion of this issue!

Thanks

Ben

2. Simon Moore

Simon Moore Residential & Commercial Mortgage Broker Business Member

Level 2 287 Collins St Melbourne VIC 3000
    Hi Ben, I actually worked in Telstra complaints about 5 years ago. To clarify your situation, is the wiring is done to the pit? Has wiring inside the house been done?

Back in my day people had their electrician do everything and then it's just a standard new connection. You can use Telstra's preferred contractor but you don't have to, any one can do the work.

If you want to have a quick phone conversation send me a message.

3. benofbrisbane

Hi Simon

Many thanks for your reply.

The contractor will be finished the pit and pipe work this week.

We have installed the pit and the pipe and Telstra actually put the cable in as I understand it.

The wiring inside has been done.

Thanks

Ben

4. benofbrisbane

Mate it would be great to have a chat.

I don't know how to send you a message though? Would you be able to message me?

I am just going out now but will be back this late afternoon if you are around then?

5. Simon Moore

Simon Moore Residential & Commercial Mortgage Broker Business Member

Level 2 287 Collins St Melbourne VIC 3000
    I'll send you a message. In the meantime put a complaint in using MAKE A COMPLAINT what will get you onto someone at Telstra who can actually help. Put in the comments that you are going to complain to the Ombudsman if they don't resolve your issue.