Subdivision Perth r35

Discussion in 'Development' started by Newbie89, 18th Apr, 2016.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. Newbie89

Newbie89 Member

Hi all

So happy to find this forum again. I used to follow somersoft but stop due to relocation to Perth and the forum got closed.

Anyway I am looking to subdivide my block (side by side). Proposed lot would be 8.5 x33 so verry narrow. I just got the contours and Feature survey done. This is my first time so I have very little knowledge

What's the next step? Thinking of built strata and survey strata on completion to speed up but someone here mentioned it's worth it to go green title.
    Would you use project Builder or custom?
    Also I need to demolish carpot under main roof. Would it be expensive?

Much appreciated for all the advices.

2. Big Daddy

Big Daddy Well-Known Member

Yes green title is only a few k more. I'm not sure if you can do survey strata with no CP. @Westminster

3. HD_ACE

HD_ACE Game-Changer

Yes you can.

OP: some areas the difference in perception and values is not that far from each other, in other areas it could be great. Best to research this in your area to see if the extra time, holding costs and development costs are worth it to go green title.

Cheers.

4. Westminster

Westminster Tigress at Tiger Developments Business Member

What zoning is it @Newbie89 - I'm guessing R25 or above?

Anyway depending on the area and demographics will help you decide whether you go green or survey strata/built strata. Green and survey strata would be done before building and built strata would be done after.

5. Newbie89

Newbie89 Member

Hi Westminster it's R35, I probably go with project Builder. Some of them have quite good designs for the block. They can do proposed lot as well so I might save surveyor cost there.
    I might go with built strata as I will retain to rent out.

6. Aaron Sice

Aaron Sice Well-Known Member

you don't have to strata if income is the game, unless the bank want you to.

saves the whole land tax thing.

7. Newbie89

Newbie89 Member

Great idea Aaron, I just have to make sure the block is set up correctly to split it when needed. Apparently there are a few banks out there value built strata as survey. I just have to check .
    Also it seems a lot of members here use Land Vision for surveying,
    but all the builder I met used Cottage. Is cottage not good? Just curious.

8. HD_ACE

HD_ACE Game-Changer

Cottage are good. Have used them before. They tend to focus on working with builders, brokers etc rather than the one off client. Have also used vision surveys which do a great job. Probably can't go wrong with any of those three.

Big Daddy likes this.
  9. sanj

sanj Well-Known Member Premium Member

what's the price point of end product? that will also help you a bit re built/survey/green title.

also, be careful of using project builders for a lot needing a more customised approach, eg skinny lot, bad orientation, slope etc.

I've done 2 side by side homes on 6m each and if I'd gone to a project builder it would have been crap and cost me more in reduced end value vs savings from using them

Aaron Sice likes this.
  10. Newbie89

Newbie89 Member

Hi sanj. the builder is drawing up a plan and hope to get it under 220k for everything (demo subdivide build). As mentioned above.,I'm keeping for negative gearing but I think new house around me selling for 450k on 300Sqm block

11. Aaron Sice

Build strata needs an exclusive land component same as survey since 2013; so that makes sense.

12. Aaron Sice

I use Vision too.

13. QbiK Evolution

QbiK Evolution Well-Known Member

+1 for vision again