Subdivision at Bendigo-Victoria

Discussion in 'Development' started by Shyam, 19th Apr, 2019.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. Shyam

Shyam New Member

Hi Experts,

I bought a house at bendigo, Victoria approx. 892 sq m and planning to do subdivision. There is an existing house and plan is to divide the block in to 3 parts ( retain existing home and build 2 new).

1. Can I get some recommendation on the agencies who specialize in subdivisions at Bendigo area.
    2. What will be approximate cost for subdivision ?. Based on my google search + discussions with few agencies it looks around 60 - 70 k. Is this reasonable.

Your feedback is highly appreciated.

Cheers,
    Shyam

2. Bendigus

Bendigus Well-Known Member

I think your two main options are Tomkinson and Hadden Farren

I often drive past a business called Building Issues Bendigo. But I'm not sure if that's of any help

Note: I haven't used any of the businesses mentioned above

3. Shyam

Shyam New Member

Thanks for the response. It seems like more expensive if we go with DA separately through some company. At the moment I am trying to reach out to builders who can assist with the Subdivision + Build and give me a combined quote.

4. BigBadBanana

BigBadBanana Active Member

1. Give Adrian Cummins, Geoff Shaw (could be called Shaw Land Surveys these days), and/or Damian Cranage from Total Property Developments a try. In my experience, H&F never got back to me, and Tomkinsons were a bit pricey. Building Issues' core business is in the building permit space.

2. For a 3-lot with common property in Bendigo, if every goes well, you'd be lucky to get any change out of $60k (all in). But of course issues always pop up - Bendigo council (more than many other councils in the region) seem to like drainage detention...but it all depends.

I'd say most builders would point you towards a land surveyor no matter what.

5. Tufan Chakir

Tufan Chakir Well-Known Member

You will need design/planning drawings, not just survey, given the size of the lot
    So start with design
    Subdivision should be part of the application, but not the primary focus
    Fees mentioned are excessively high - but it depends what you have included.
    Typical should be around $3,000 per hour (so 3 houses) - $9.000
    Combined planning application for use and development and subdivision $5,000 (including investigations etc)
    Add in site survey (levels etc) around $2,000
    Add the Council fee of around $2k
    That should take you through the planning process

After that the subdivision can proceed - those cost will be surveyor fees, certification, services connections, headworks charges etc etc. Generally around $25 - $35 per site (this is a budget, rule of thumb number and will depend on specifics

My advice - split the process and think of it in those terms. Planning and Design, followed by Subdivision (after the hard work is done)
    We work all over the State - the figures don't vary much

lixas4 likes this.
  6. Wizzbef

Wizzbef Member

I have just received notification today that my subdivision in Bendigo - planning permit and endorsed plans have been approved and endorsed. Two lot subdivision. I was guesstimating $60K for this. Yet to find out. I have used Planwise Design (Glenn Eastwood) and so far, has been very straight forward. Actually I don't know what to do next though, if anyone wants to point me in the right direction, I would be grateful. Development Newbie here. I guess contact my finance co with all the relevant details

Mich55 and Nadine777 like this.