Styling

Discussion in 'Styling & Decorating' started by benofbrisbane, 21st Mar, 2016.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. benofbrisbane

benofbrisbane Well-Known Member

Hi All

I have received two quotes for home styling. One from Coco Republic and one from Feather My nest. The Coco republic quote is nearly 50% more than Feather my nest.

I had been referred to Coco by my interior designer who says they are good.

I was just wondering whether any one had any views on either of these businesses or whether they had had a particularly good experience with someone else.

Thanks.

Ben

2. beachgurl

beachgurl Well-Known Member

What were the figures of each quote?

3. Marg4000

Marg4000 Well-Known Member

Ask each for a couple of addresses they have currently styled and check them out.
    Marg

Gockie likes this.
  4. Xenia

Xenia Well-Known Member

Hi Ben
    is this for your own home, property sale, rental, advertising.
    Styling makes a difference to photography in selling or renting a property.

I am not familiar however with those companies, we have our own in house one we use.

5. wylie

wylie Moderator Staff Member

We used Castle Hire last time and were very happy with the styling, the service and the price. Coco Republic are a little more quirky and less "same, same" than some of the stylists are. We chose a French twist in the styling and were very happy with their choices, but it must be said styled houses can sometimes look formulaic. Coco Republic styling is a notch higher but we didn't think it was worth paying extra for. I thought Castle Hire was a notch above too but at a good price.

6. sanj

sanj Well-Known Member Premium Member

do you mean staging for sale purpose or are you getting someone in to help furnish the place?

what was the price difference and what's the sale price point?

7. Foxy Moron

Foxy Moron Well-Known Member

Hi Ben. If you dont reply to the pricing questions it's hard for others to advise.
    Is yours a house or unit ?
    Two comments I would offer, having just undertaken the process :
    1) If its for a house, consider just partially staging to bring the cost down. eg No need to furnish 3 minor bedrooms if you are featuring the master and all the main living areas for the lovely photos.
    2) Communicate with the stylist before she starts her work if you want a great outcome or done in a certain way (ie if you are a control freak). I made the mistake of leaving the instructions to the selling agent, then grizzled because I didn't like the job. She knocked my socks off on the second attempt though when she knew what I was after and proved her worth in the end that is for sure.
    Unless your property is a cheepie I would definately consider getting in a top professional.

8. benofbrisbane

benofbrisbane Well-Known Member

hi the house was about 7k for coco and 5200 for FMN. The townhouses was about $6k for Coco and $4200 for FMN (each).

In good news FMN have agreed to do the house and two townhouses for $16,500.00 so I think I am going with them.

End price of each will be around $700k and are of a mid to high standard 4 kms from CBD.

Thanks for all your feedback .

9. wylie

wylie Moderator Staff Member

Check out my recommendation first. We paid around $4.5K for five bedrooms, living, dining, sitting room, two outdoor settings, all accessories.