Steve McKnight's Apprenticeship Program

Discussion in 'Property Experts' started by kysh, 13th Mar, 2018.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. kysh

kysh New Member

Has anyone done Steve McKnight's Apprenticeship Program?

I've just went to his seminar where he promoted this program (he claims this is the last time he will do this program). The apprenticeship program is 1 year, comes with online resources and physical course materials, and you get a Certificate IV of Business at the end if you complete it successfully. The course is $5k and another $5k if you want also want to do the one-on-one mentoring.

I was wondering if anyone has done it and what your experiences are like? I am currently trying to do my research to find out if they are going to be helpful for my situation, but there isn't a lot of reviews available.

How much time do you spend with him each week / month and how detailed is the mentoring? Is he more hands on and teach you to implement a strategy step by step and see it through or does he let you do most of it while he gives you feedback? What was your experience? What actually happens in the program on a regular basis?

Thanks guys!

2. Marg4000

Marg4000 Well-Known Member

These are all questions to ask, and get satisfactory answers for, before signing up for anything.

I would expect a written prospectus outlining exactly what the course covers and how it is delivered and assessed.

Check the value of the qualification you will receive. Is it through an easily recognised facility, I.e., TAFE? Or a certificate from a private company Most people heard of? Just phone a University or TAFE and ask if that qualification gives you credit towards a diploma or a degree - if not, be very wary. A Cert IV should be a stepping stone to a Diloma qualification, which in turn should lead to studying for a degree.

The mentoring, as an add-on package, should also give you full details, in writing.
    Marg

3. Xenia

Xenia Well-Known Member

If you are going to do a cert IV anyway this could be a good way to do it.

The mentoring I find most useful is the ones that are catered to the areas that I find challenging. I personally don’t like a classroom one size fits all approach I want mentors who look at the challenges I have right now and suggest real solutions.

Perthguy likes this.
  4. Xenia

Xenia Well-Known Member

Oh and before anyone suggests you can get the same thing from this forum for free

No you can’t!!!!

5. Eric Wu

Eric Wu Well-Known Member

hi @kysh , welcome to PC.

maybe before you engage the "Apprenticeship Program", have you worked out what you are actually looking to learn or to practise from this program?

Xenia likes this.
  6. Ross sa

Ross sa New Member

I have just completed steve mcknights
    property apprenticeship and before I started I had read 38 property investment books and gained information and experience from lots of other sources. I did the course for the systems it taught and the depth of Australian information and it far exceeded my expectations and is proving to be a valuable ongoing resource. The course cost may seem high but when I consider the benefits it was very reasonable.

7. Perthguy

Perthguy Well-Known Member

How are you putting what you learned into action?

The Australian property market is tricky now because of so many markets transitioning. Are you thinking of investing locally? Or interstate?

8. Ross sa

Ross sa New Member

I had just bought a small commercial property interstate before I started the course. steve has both residential and commercial experience and this is reflected in his course and examples he gives. He concentrates on principles,systems and due diligence . His course has highlighted how I can improve my due diligence and property management and property acquisition strategies in particular.