Steve McKnight Webinar today

Discussion in 'Property Experts' started by MTR, 9th Aug, 2020.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
Tags:
  1. MTR

MTR Well-Known Member

He was very much in panic mode. Bunkered down on his farm, isolated.

We did see markets contract for a short time, the stimulus package worked well. Lets see how it pans out.
    Business as usual for me, manage risk. I have taken a few steps to ensure I am covered, just in case markets turn

2. Eddytaddy

Eddytaddy Member

Just read this old thread and it really interests me. Is the economy downturn and government tax coming?

3. Eddytaddy

Eddytaddy Member

4. Redwing

Redwing Well-Known Member

The Strategic Opportunities (Growth & Income) Fund

5. Eddytaddy

Eddytaddy Member

Look really interesting and just filled in an EOI on its website. Is anyone on this forum investing in this fund?

6. No_Limits

No_Limits Well-Known Member

I went to a Steve presentation in maybe 2015. He almost seemed to have followed the Kiyosaki arc - a cashflow investor, now overly paranoid/skeptical, had not adapted to changed markets. He was very bearish, on Sydney in particular (where we were), and quite proud of the fact he hadn't invested in Australia for a long time (10 years or something). Fortunately I ignored him completely and proceeded to buy a bunch of stuff.

Like Kiyosaki, his book was certainly good. I think the reality is, he was a one hit wonder, like a stock picker who got a few big bets right when starting out. He rapidly bought cheapies in the days of good yield and unlimited borrowing, and it worked. Like Kiyosaki, I would ignore anything he's said in the past 10 years.

spludgey likes this.
  7. MTR

MTR Well-Known Member

I dont think he is a one hit wonder

he made a killing in the USA and for his clients.

Heinz57 likes this.
  8. LexF

LexF Well-Known Member

He is currently going around holding evening events. I reckon there’s some truth to what you said but it’s also quite harsh. He has been in the commercial field for quite a while now. Not interested in resi.
    Again, he is one opinion to listen to but ultimately one should decide for themselves.

Has anyone been to his current events and willing to share his thoughts ?