State of the states , tassie biggest mover , q'ld next

Discussion in 'Where to Buy' started by See Change, 23rd Jan, 2017.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
Tags:
  1. Connor

Connor Well-Known Member

Yes, the demonstrated growth formula has always been money/jobs, population increase and new infrustructure. Once we establish where this is happening, then we can zero in on cities and suburbs.

Sydney and Melbourne are great examples of this... But so was Perth when it's was firing..

Last edited: 24th Jan, 2017
    MTR likes this.
  2. Redom

Redom Mortgage Broker Business Plus Member

Some of the state budgets economic update sections & forecasts are good reads. Can get decent insights into infrastructure spends overall.

QLD budget is a good read for those that are true believers in QLD's growth potential in coming years, from memory it has a massive uplift in growth forecasts for coming years. How optimistic this is is anyones guess though & how it translates to Brisbane specific growth is another (as a key part of the story is LNG export growth).

big max likes this.
  3. Matthew

Matthew Active Member

Okay. You believe that and your boom. Good luck with it. Hope you put your money where your mouth is and invest accordingly.
    Obviously Brisbane is so different to Sydney and Melbourne and won't perform similarly to them after such major events like an Olympic Games. ;)

4. big max

big max Well-Known Member

Thanks. I will. And it's not just my boom. Anyone who has the smarts and the foresight can participate.

Yes am investing accordingly. Got out of Sydney looooong ago (yes too early but I am a value investor).

I was 100 % right with my predictions made since joining this forum (with verifiable data). Read the Gold Coast thread from start to now. Still time for you to make big money.

5. Matthew

Matthew Active Member

Lol. I am looking at the Brisbane market trust me. I'm just not as bullish as you, I see steady growth, no booms, and I don't believe the Commonwealth Games will have any effect on prices.

Kangabanga likes this.
  6. MTR

MTR Well-Known Member

Yes, I got out of Sydney in 2016 and now out of Melb 2016 and 2017... same taken my money off the table.

big max likes this.
  7. MTR

MTR Well-Known Member

My focus for the next couple of years is US am now developing property in Atlanta which is booming. Never say never though

EN710 likes this.
  8. MTR

MTR Well-Known Member

I am not on the ground but spoke to an investor in the building game from Brisbane, he pretty much said exactly the same. Eventually it has to boom, but for this to happen I guess the fundamentals need to be right. Perhaps not quite there yet?

Matthew likes this.

Our clients are global and know we are property tax professionals. Our advisers are qualified and experienced and we don't outsource. We can help with complex CGT, Income Tax, and Developer issues. Property is our speciality incl Trusts, Co and SMSF