NSW St. Clair

Discussion in 'Where to Buy' started by Edmund93, 20th May, 2019.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
Tags:
  1. Edmund93

Edmund93 New Member

Hi All,

I just wanted to get your thoughts on me buying my first investment property in St Clair. My budget is $650K but i have been eyeing houses in the $550K mark (albeit they are a bit old that needs some touching up).My thoughts are that this suburb will be prime in 10 years time due to the new airport and surrounding infrastructure along with it being already established suburb.

Thanks

2. Property Twins

Property Twins Mortgage Brokers & Buyers Agents Business Member

Paging @skater - skater is a local in St Claire and would have insights

3. beachgurl

beachgurl Well-Known Member

The surrounding areas are definitely changing will all of the nearby industry and road upgrades to handle the traffic.
    It's always been the go-to suburb in the area so regardless of the airport there will always be demand to live in St Clair. The Catholic school is popular and it is difficult to get into if you live out of area.
    It's not supposed to be on the flight path, so it wpukd be a good location to the airport too.
    In the next few years I think the demographic will be changing a lot. Those that built in the area are now retired or close to retiring, with many moving on as it's too busy for them now or they are moving to low maintenance properties.

4. datto

datto Well-Known Member

Ahh St Clair. The memories. Bennett Rd. Not too far from Mt Druitt where there's a Westfields. St Clair is a newer suburb, apparently not as good as Erkine Park or Minchinbury but a step up from Mt Druitt.

5. skater

skater Well-Known Member

I guess we'll have to disagree on this one then. To me, St Clair is the best! Minchinbury is very nice, but it's in an awkward place for access to other areas. Erskine Park is great....but there's limited access to the M4, so if you live there, you have to go via St Clair to get to the M4 if you want to go West....not ideal.

St Clair you have access to the M4 in both directions. It's a quick and easy trip into Penrith or Parramatta. Go up to Mamre Rd & it's a quick & easy trip to Liverpool or Campbelltown, and now there's a new road, I can't remember the name, but access to Wetherill Park is easy without having to go via M4.

As Beachgurl said, it's not supposed to be under the flight path.......but time will tell on that one, and there are quite a few retirees as well as first home owners. Across the road I have a 98yr old man who lives by himself & still mows his own lawn, & next to him there's a spritely lady in her 80's, also living on her own.

datto and Property Twins like this.
  6. datto

datto Well-Known Member

St Care certainly does have many good aspects.

JohnPropChat likes this.
  7. Edmund93

Edmund93 New Member

8. skater

skater Well-Known Member

One of the bedrooms does not have a window, as the window opens to the back living & dining areas, which is a tacky addition. The renovation to the kitchen just doesn't work with that funny bench that is too small.

Propertunity likes this.
  9. sash

sash Well-Known Member

Yeah...knoz watcha mean Datts.....they used to call it Druie Heights...but a lot of the snooty locals....would not have a bar of it.:D

They wanted somethung with an Aristocratic English name it....thus the name St Clair. Lot of oldies...and a changin' demographic....overpriced in my opinion though lately it has dropped off a bit...

People there do burnouts in Commodores built between 2013 and 2016....not the ones which were built in 1980s and 1990s like a lot of Druie residents. ;)

JohnPropChat and datto like this.
  10. Propertunity

Propertunity Well-Known Member

See - @Edmund93 - deceased estates coming on the market in the future too - what's not to like?

11. skater

skater Well-Known Member

LOL! Class!

Mind you.....deceased estates are only any good when the market is depressed. That's when you get the bargains. And no....I'm not hoping for any of neighbours homes to come onto the market under those conditions.

Propertunity likes this.
  12. datto

datto Well-Known Member

St Clair always was always a notch or two above the Druitt. We suffered an inferiority complex because of St Clair. They had better houses, cars, clothes, women and they always thrashed us in rugby (admittedly our side was half zonked from the night before).

13. sash

sash Well-Known Member

I guess ya feel the same when St Clair compared themselves to places like the Hills....ya know...:p

Last edited by a moderator: 5th Jun, 2019
    datto likes this.