VIC St Albans, Laverton or Sunshine West?

Discussion in 'Where to Buy' started by sam.q.n, 13th Sep, 2016.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. sash

sash Well-Known Member

Nah...not yet....

2. melbournian

melbournian Well-Known Member

yeah was tied up on a minor reno (and tenants just moved in yesterday) hence not really on PC.
    Keilor East is already up and so is Avondale heights. I don't mind keilor east - lost of people who can't afford essendon buy in this neighbouring suburbs. Electrician who was raised in essendon bought there in keilor east. Same as Avondale heights - close to highpoint. This mirrors the east, when boxhill and doncaster became expensive, ppl started to merge out into Blackburn, Ringwood, doncaster east, donvale, mitcham all the way to Croydon.

Barny likes this.
  3. sam.q.n

sam.q.n Member

Just an update,

Ended up buying a 600sqm 4br brick place in Sunshine West for 480k in Sep 16. Had a little cleaning up to do but sorted that out quick smart and got some lovely tenants in that haven't been a problem. Prices have risen a good chunk with similar houses selling now for 550-650k.

The feel of Sunshine West is definitely a but grungier south of Wright Street but the houses are cheaper so I guess you get what you pay for. The houses on the street I'm in are very well maintained though. On to the next!

4. sam.q.n

sam.q.n Member

Just as a side comment, does anyone know a bit more about the 'birdcage' in Werribee and why it has a bad reputation? Looking at my next place and I do have an affinity for the places with bad reps!

Close-ish to both Werribee train station and Werribee Plaza?

Should I be concerned about the type of tenants it attracts?

5. Westie

Westie Well-Known Member

Ah the infamous birdcage, you should go for a drive and find out for yourself. Do it on a weekend or after 5pm and you'll see the characters come out. Some parts of it are certainly ghetto, other parts are better. I reckon the areas off Tarneit Road are better, and don't look too shabby. The ones around Market Rd etc are the ones to avoid.

6. sam.q.n

sam.q.n Member

Haha! I might just do that, should I be concerned about my safety? :p

In all seriousness, I am indeed looking down the Tarneit Road side. I have relatives down by Tamarind Crescent/Argyle Crescent the streets look great.

7. Westie

Westie Well-Known Member

Yep, there's a house on sale at Argyle. might want to check it out? Nah, you'll be right, just bring your bazooka along. J/k..

sam.q.n likes this.