South West is BEST!

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by ELEVATION, 28th Jan, 2019.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. ELEVATION

ELEVATION Member

Hi everyone!
    I cant help noticing that nearly everyone on line are either in or around the 'big smokes' of the eastern states, freezing in the winters & either sweltering, fighting bushfires, or being flooded out the rest of the time! Over here in the SW of WA we have the prevailing winds of the Indian Ocean to cool us down most days during summer (its called the Fremantle Doctor in Perth). & being level in longitude with North Sydney / Hawksbury River we never get the cold winters that are experienced over east! We also very rarely suffer the extreme heat that is generated over the North of this state., because YOU DO DO INSTEAD! The prevailing SW winds carry this continually building heat diagonally across the continent to first reach Adelaide then Melbourne before the rest of you get to experience it! So here in Bunbury, Capel, Busselton, Dunsborough, Augusta, Margaret River we actually get to enjoy the very best consistant weather in Australia with temperatures rarely reaching 40 DEGREES or ZERO! The weather today is likely to be 34 degrees, with temps in the high 20s for the rest of the week ( check out 6271 ( capel) on BOM.weather! If you dont like the hustle & bustle of large cities then this area is the place for you with even Bunbury ( second largest WA city & port) comparing in size to only the ninth largest city in Queensland! Once you leave Bunbury`s outer suburbs heading South which now include Capel Shire`s Dalyallup you will experience NO TRAFFIC LIGHTS until you are well into the beautiful seaside city of Busselton ( boasting longest public wooden jetty in the S Hem,). From then on through Dunsborough, Augusta, Margaret River, & into the Great Southern with Walpole & magical Denmark there are NO traffic lights until reaching Albany! Housing is CHEAP, ridiculously CHEAP all due to the iron ore slump which is now steadily gaining momentum again with employment in that field on the rise! You gotta ask yourself (as we did in SW Victoria 11years ago) "WHY ARE WE STILL HERE in this 4 seasonal weather in one week ??? ":eek::confused::mad::rolleyes: Yep we have land down the coast that we are going to build on so our property in Capel is for sale!

2. ELEVATION

ELEVATION Member

Duh! Sorry guys,o_O I meant LATITUDE not LONGITUDE!

3. Redwing

Redwing Well-Known Member

@ELEVATION Can't be too much further down the coast or you'll run out of coast :D

Love WA's South West

4. ELEVATION

ELEVATION Member

5. ELEVATION

ELEVATION Member

Ha ha Redwing , you almost caught me out, but our block is in Denmark, near Albany on the Southern coast, even cooler than Capel during the day, but unusually one to 2 degrees warmer most nights during the winter, all of which at aged 78 suits me fine! One of the most beautiful coastlines on this planet too with salmon coloured bark on huge Karri trees meeting the blue of the Southern ocean shored by white sand & gigantic smooth orange tinted ironstone boulders! IMAGINE IT & go green!:D:D:D:D

Redwing likes this.
  6. Redwing

I intend taking the kids down to trek Bluff Knoll over the next few months
    upload_2019-1-28_15-34-10.png

[​IMG]

7. Westminster

Westminster Tigress at Tiger Developments Business Member

If you leave it long enough @Redwing you might get one of the rare snow days on Bluff Knoll.

8. radson

radson Well-Known Member

Im West Australian and have never been to Albany, Esperence, Walpole, Denmark etc :(

9. Westminster

Well I've never been to Esperance in my 44 years of being a sandgroper but the others are amazing.

You can fly to Albany and hire a car if you don't want to spend hours on the highway but you will miss some amazing scenery. From Albany you can easily do Walpole and Denmark.

One of my favourite places on the Denmark to Walpole area is Peaceful Bay

radson likes this.
  10. radson

radson Well-Known Member

Ill get there one day.

Im in W.A at the moment, working out of Exmouth. Thats another place I would like to explore a bit more. (I cant because im offshore)

11. Redwing

Never been to Exmouth/Ningaloo/Shark Bay either, I'm either heading North or South

We did intend stopping when on a cruise 2 years ago up the nor-west coast but it was too rough to land

12. Westminster

It's tough when you're so close but no chance to explore the onshore when you're offshore.

By road the furthest North I've been is Geraldton but I have flown further north to Broome. There is still an awful lot of this country I haven't explored.

Redwing likes this.
  13. TAJ

TAJ Well-Known Member

Many years ago now I travelled down the coast from Kununurra, Wyndham onto Broome and continued heading south right down to Bunbury. Amazing coastline and reasonably unpopulated in a lot of areas. This was in 1986!
    Unfortunately found Bunbury a very windy place. Had trouble securing the tent down in the constant wind.
    Aiming to do the same trip next year from May. I'm sure I will see a huge amount of changes.
    Looking forward to it.
    Point Samson was a standout with fantastic fishing and friendly locals.

14. Rex

Rex Well-Known Member

April/May is probably the best time for that trip if you don't like wind. The whole WA coast cops 20kt+ sea breezes most days from about October through to March, the rest of the year is fairly calm.

15. TAJ

TAJ Well-Known Member

Thanks for the tip.