NSW South Coast NSW

Discussion in 'Where to Buy' started by Vacant, 24th Jan, 2022.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. Vacant

Vacant Well-Known Member

Is anyone on the ground on the South Coast? We’re moving down for work and looking to buy a PPOR between Bawley Point and Moruya but want to know which areas are good, and which to avoid.

We’ve got 2 school age kids 8 and 9 and we’re hoping to find something in Broulee School zone but we need to inject money into the business so will probably be priced out now.

At this stage the budget sits under $800k but has some wriggle-room however the higher we go the less I can inject into the business and cash flow will be a bit slow until July so looking to preserve a bit there.

Happy to renovate and would prefer something with value adding potential but mainly hoping to hear which are the nicer pockets at the lower end of the budget and which are definitely worth staying away from.

2. Justin_mo

Justin_mo Well-Known Member

Following the convo. Not sure, but keen to research this area.

Vacant likes this.
  3. Single

Single Member

I live in Broulee. Its a beautiful place and no need to go on holiday. Prices have gone up a lot but I believe it could start to slow down if we have an interest rate increase. Low supply and huge demand is the issue. There is an auction coming up Broulee only 1 bed and could renovate and add more bedrooms but depends what price it goes to.
    https://www.domain.com.au/3-banksia-street-broulee-nsw-2537-2017524682

3 bedroom House in my area auctioned end of Dec 21 was only built like a large tin garage and no eaves sold for $927,000
    Its better to buy a block of land and build in the area even though builders are busy. Land if you can for $400,000 or so and build say $450,000. But if you need house now then that may not be an option for you.
    Not sure if it is in Broulee school zone - Lilly Pilly, Tomakin, Malua Bay & all areas around Broulee (Mossy Point too expensive & floods in the low areas) I dont like Moruya town or Mogo. Cheaper areas are Long beach, Catalina, Surf beach, Moruya Heads are the better value for your money now but not so close to Broulee.

Last edited: 24th Jan, 2022
    Vacant likes this.
  4. Vacant

Vacant Well-Known Member

Thanks for your reply, Single, that is really helpful. We’ve been looking at Catalina and Surf Beach, are they reasonably good neighborhoods? They’re more in line with our budget. We’re hoping to check that 1 bedder in Broulee out. I think I could turn that into something. Otherwise Tomakin has some options. We’ll be living in Moruya Heads for a while so will get a feel for the place but ideally we want to be a bit closer to Batemans Bay for work.

Last edited: 25th Jan, 2022