South China Seas and our neighbours

Discussion in 'Politics' started by balwoges, 12th Feb, 2023.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
Tags:
  1. balwoges

balwoges Well-Known Member

I have noticed over time the lack of indonesian news in our papers - and wondered how they stood as regards China and their claim on the South China Sea passage and other matters which would affect us.
    Today I was heartened to read this article which seems that Indonesia is not asleep at the wheel and is doing something about it as well as rousing their neighbours to do the same.
    https://www.news.com.au/technology/...d/news-story/e0244811fb86c16104e453d50a61b59a

2. skater

skater Well-Known Member

Xi won't stop until he owns the whole area.

Last edited by a moderator: 15th Mar, 2023
  3. Iamnumber5

Iamnumber5 Well-Known Member

The relation between Indonesia and China has never been closer than now despite the maritime dispute.

An interesting fact about the South China Sea claim is that PRC inherits this claim from the ROC government (Taiwan) right after WW2 with the help of US Navy. It was 11 dash line, which then PRC settled some of the dispute with Vietnam. ROC claims remains the same 11 dash line.

in regards to land border dispute which is also inherited from ROC, PRC has also peacefully settled with all 14 countries except India & Bhutan.

it’s not like Xi suddenly woke up feeling powerful and made a claim.

Last edited by a moderator: 15th Mar, 2023
  4. Antoni0

Antoni0 Well-Known Member

If you keep on bullying someone, eventually they get sick of it and fight back, and it's no different here.

5. JDP1

JDP1 Well-Known Member

Thr majority of south East Asian countries are against an assertive China. Philippines, Indonesia, Malaysia, Vietnam etc etc. The list is long.
    China and Russia have a special place in global politics. I won't say too much as my accounts will then be hacked and my morning tea will mysteriously taste funny. :)

craigc and Lizzie like this.
  6. datto

datto Well-Known Member

I don’t like the Indonesian Govt or army. Bad dudes.

Sackie likes this.
  7. Piston_Broke

Piston_Broke Well-Known Member

People support the current thing as the media tells them. Hardly ever been true, doesn't matter.
    The article is one sided croc. And they are buying old obsolete planes which are no match against China.

8. Lacrim

Lacrim Well-Known Member

Don't like what's going on. We're sleepwalking into WW3. I mean seriously, like the world hasn't got enough problems and we need to throw war into the mix.

I mean everyone had it good, especially the Chinese with stratospheric growth and prosperity. Why f things up?

I should probably buy one last IP....in Tierra del Fuego.

Last edited: 15th Mar, 2023
  9. skater

skater Well-Known Member

Yes, and not only are we totally unprepared for it, I don't think many of the younger generation have the backbone for it and will not fight for our rites. Life is easy, and anything too hard or too confrontational is cancelled. I'm too old to have to learn chinese, and too outspoken to adhere to stupid regimes that insist on conformity and equality for the masses.

10. Lacrim

Lacrim Well-Known Member

I wonder how the average Chinese (really) feels about the situation.

I guess we have no choice but to arm ourselves but what a freaking waste to have to do it.

Instead of spending billions on future technology, ridding the world of cancer etc, we're racing towards destroying each other. Like how dumb are humans?

skater likes this.