Soo...I'm stuck in Tasmania.

Discussion in 'COVID-19' started by Jess Peletier, 7th Jan, 2022.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
Tags:
  1. Shazz@

Shazz@ Well-Known Member

Quite ironic that they don’t believe in vaccines or covid when the evidence is infront of them.. but they believe in something they can’t see, with no shred of evidence.

wylie, gman65, Propin and 1 other person like this.
  2. jaybean

jaybean Well-Known Member

I've been curious this whole time how people less fortunate than us could survive being stranded interstate or internationally. Even a 3 star hotel in most developed countries will run you roughly $150 a night. I can't imagine the financial pain.

3. jaybean

I've been watching a lot of documentaries about anti-vaxxers. I thought they were nuts but my god man, you have no clue.

Shazz@ and Propin like this.
  4. Propin

Propin Well-Known Member

Exactly! I’m sure they would have had flu shots before also. They say they aren’t antivaxer s but their Covid anti-vaccination beliefs are wild! Almost everything they post on Facebook trying to convince others to not get vaccinated gets removed for untrue content.

wylie, Shazz@ and Lizzie like this.
  5. SatayKing

SatayKing Well-Known Member

Maybe one day they will stop breathing when they suddenly realise to their horror they cannot see air.

wylie, Shazz@ and gman65 like this.
  6. jaybean

https://www.sorryantivaxxer.com/

7. Propin

Propin Well-Known Member

Just came back from the shop. Not much to choose from - chilly Chevups, premade burger patties and a few lamb chops

At least on the east coast or Tassie you wouldn’t be going through shortages? Barely any frozen products also apart from chicken nuggets. 21CCB4B7-C1EE-4589-B18D-E9B1115AFB79.png

8. jaybean

Real chicken is overrated. This is where it's at.

Propin likes this.
  9. Propin

Propin Well-Known Member

Haha! I’ve had no car all week, now the world has gone mad! Had to venture out for dog food less than 8% fat. Managed to get 2nd last bag of dry food. Still no toilet paper. No white sliced bread.

10. jaybean

I will admit it: when I smell my pet food sometimes I think...this is good, real good.

Propin likes this.
  11. geoffw

geoffw Moderator Staff Member

You've got covid and you can't smell properly?

Gockie, Scott No Mates and Propin like this.
  12. jaybean

lol no, I've fed my pets from an early age and I suppose that has given me a real appreciation of the smell. I can't help but appreciate the scent of it...I sometimes wish there was human food with the same smell. Yes, I'm troubled.

13. Lizzie

Lizzie Well-Known Member

Where do you live? That is crazy. My local Coles wad near fully stocked and I was nearly the only person in there.

p.s. I make my own dog food

2kg cheap beef mince
    8 cups low salt Campbells chicken stock
    1kg bag mix frozen veges (no corn!)
    1c quick oats
    2c basmati rice
    6 tblsp olive oil
    Slowly simmer together with lid on put, stirring regularly to stop sticking to the base, until rice is cooked. I freeze half as lasts a while ... served with a side of grain free biscuits ... nomnomnom

WattleIdo and Propin like this.
  14. Propin

Propin Well-Known Member

Perth. Apparently we will restock in a few days according to the news. I used to occasionally home cook for my dogs using mince, vege, rice over the years. He had pancreatitis so only kangaroo meat, chicken breast, rice, and dry food under 8% fat. I gave him a sneaky small bit of fat free chicken thigh a week ago and he wasn’t well for a few days. Vomited for about four days. I won’t do that again. He’s had rice (luckily he loves it) and low fat biscuits for the past two days and he’s well again. I’m finding the roo meat too fly attracting in summer so I cut back. I need to forward his monthly dog biscuit delivery since I cut back on roo meat.

Lizzie likes this.
  15. Gockie

Gockie Life is good ☺️ Premium Member

16. Westminster

Westminster Tigress at Tiger Developments Business Member

I've been on holidays so have I missed something? Why is Perth running out of stuff. I ducked into Farmer Jacks in Gwelup and it seemed to have everything I needed.

17. The Y-man

The Y-man Moderator Staff Member

Warehouse workers, truck drivers, all testing positive or are close contacts so furloughed.

That's assuming there is anyone to harvest stuff and butcher the animals too...

The Y-man

Propin likes this.
  18. Propin

Propin Well-Known Member

People stockpiling for when the borders open and lack of staff from Covid over east. I saw a pic yesterday of Farmer Jacks Greenwood and someone with a trolley overflowing with packs of toilet rolls only. I received an online Woolworths delivery Wednesday arvo that I placed on Monday. I had to agree to substitutes, no choice. Everything I ordered was pretty good except no toilet paper, no paper towel and whole meal muffins instead of white. Apparently they are restocking early next week.

19. Scott No Mates

Scott No Mates Well-Known Member

What if I want re-tights instead of re-stockings? :confused:

20. Propin

Propin Well-Known Member

Go to BWS next door instead! They had plenty of stock and if you go hard enough things will be feeling re-tight in no time.
    Another pic of Woolworths yesterday arvo with lady blocked out looking at the average looking T-bone steaks.

Attached Files: