Some Lessons For Living From Older Generations

Discussion in 'Share Investing Strategies, Theories & Education' started by Nodrog, 27th Jan, 2018.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
Tags:
  1. Nodrog

Nodrog Well-Known Member

Worth a read I thought although I’m sure most will find it boring:

Some Lessons For Living From Older Generations

wannabhero, Snowball, freyja and 8 others like this.
  2. Joynz

Joynz Well-Known Member

A beautiful piece of writing from the 94 year old man quoted at the start of the article.

Nodrog likes this.
  3. sash

sash Well-Known Member

Nodrog likes this.
  4. willair

willair Well-Known Member Premium Member

Quote..

Travel more. Travel while you can, sacrificing other things if necessary to do so. Most people look back on their travel adventures (big and small) as highlights of their lives and regret not having traveled more

Thanks for the link,had the best times of my life ,and all I had was a backpack-passport- and 5 days food inside the pack and a few dollars and not a worry in the world-then I meet the "Wife"..

Nodrog likes this.
  5. Nodrog

Nodrog Well-Known Member

LOL. I wonder what the “wife” says about how her life’s been since she met you:D.

Actually I must be an odd one out. I couldn’t care less about Travel although we’ve done a reasonable amount of it. The best part of my life is having the most amazing Wife:cool:.

Ynot, skater, sharon and 7 others like this.
  6. willair

willair Well-Known Member Premium Member

That's what happens mate ,your walking down the back over 30 years ago of the plane and someone's already sitting in your seat and they upgrade you too first class and the wife was sitting there looking up ,never looked back from then ..

Nodrog likes this.
  7. Marg4000

Marg4000 Well-Known Member

Well, I’ll swim against the tide regarding #1 and say I am happy that hubby and I worked hard when we did and earned a good income. But it was never at the expense of time enjoying ourselves and our family.

Earning a good income allowed us to raise a family in comfort, educate our kids through tertiary and post grad qualifications. And along the way it funded careful investments that kept growing. We enjoyed a good standard of living in a lovely PPOR in a quiet leafy area. We had wonderful family holidays, and later on business class overseas trips when it was just hubby and me.

And now our earlier hard work is funding an extremely comfortable retirement.
    Marg

sharon, freyja, orangestreet and 8 others like this.
  8. sash

sash Well-Known Member

What if you never worked an honest day in ya life? :)