Sold listing still showing in "Buy" section

Discussion in 'The Buying & Selling Process' started by jprops, 21st Jul, 2016.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
Tags:
  1. jprops

jprops Well-Known Member

What's going on here:

12 Aveling Street, Wavell Heights QLD 4012 - House For Sale - 2011683281

This listing has been showing in the buy section of domain for a number of months now but the description states that it is SOLD.

There's a few other anomaly's with this. The property was previously sold May 2015 for 670 - the sold listing shows here: Sold 12 Aveling Street, Wavell Heights QLD 4012 on 11 Jul 2014 for $670,000

Notice the description of the current listing and the previous sold is almost identical:

"First time offered for sale - Estate finalized and ready for out right sale."

Obviously that can't be true for the current listing...

What's going on here?

2. legallyblonde

legallyblonde Well-Known Member

Agents trying to bait buyers? Collecting details ect

Dean Collins likes this.
  3. Big Will

Big Will Well-Known Member

Baiting for buyers for details, maybe they have another one that is similar that hasn't hit the market yet.

Some agencies I know in Brisbane wait until settlement before they take the ad down. Which I find weird as to me an unco contract with no cooling off is a done deal and if it falls through you get the failed purchaser to pay for advertising.

4. DaveM

DaveM Well-Known Member

Collecting details for their active buyers list, or lazy.

If it was in SA I would go with lazy :)

5. jprops

jprops Well-Known Member

6. dabbler

dabbler Well-Known Member

Lot of them play silly games.....funny thing is those harvesting details are too lazy to call you until some much later time in my experience, like a year + later.

I tackled one agent who still has an ad up 2 years after sold & as under offer, they claim nothing they can do about it, which I reckon is BS.

7. Luka

Luka Well-Known Member

This happens a bit on the Goldcoast. As mentioned, it's generally either baiting or a complicated contract with settlement risks.

REAs also put "Under Contract" in the body of the main ad, rather than tagging the property as officially under contract with re.com.au so that the ad doesn't time out, preventing it from automatic removal period - this also occurs a lot more as it starts swinging more towards buyers market.

Last edited: 25th Sep, 2016