Solar Panel investment

Discussion in 'Renovation & Home Improvement' started by hillsguy, 22nd Nov, 2018.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
Tags:
  1. Propagate

Propagate Well-Known Member

Very Happy with our system.

Chose a reputable installer that employers all their own staff & sparky's - no subbies.

Got feedback & reviews from previous installs.

Spoke to the owner directly, very happy with what he's about and his knowledge etc.

Had two systems fitted by them so far, one last year at my office 6.5kw and one at home 2 months ago 10.25kw.

Getting 70+ kw on a good day at home.

Not eligible for any subsidies so a moot point there for us.

So many shonky operators out there, the industry is known for it, but there are some absolute gems if you do the research on the companies first and they're not that much (if any) more expensive than the cowboys.

2. spludgey

spludgey Well-Known Member

Got my latest "bill" today. Minus $450 for the quarter. IRR of >20%.
    If I could sell all my IPs and buy more solar that paid that, I'd be very tempted!

Propagate likes this.
  3. Never giveup

Never giveup Well-Known Member

I saw the add if this company on tele :

10 KW Solar Panel System | Commercial Solar | Sunboost®

I am also looking in to it.

Question- if one is out during daylight that means no electricity consumption (or very small to run fridge) that means all of it can go on grud and get the $$$ from Origin or whoever??

4. Westminster

Westminster Tigress at Tiger Developments Business Member

In theory yes, your excess would export. The feed in here in Perth is a pittance so there is little money to be made and they tend to put people on a usage tarrif where electricity outside of the solar time is quite expensive so if you use expensive electricity at night for cooking, washing, dishwasher etc it's not as effective than if you can use time delays and run those during the day whilst your at work and use the solar power.
    It's a fine balance where you need to work out your feed in tariff vs your power charges and see where you would be better using your power.

5. SatayKing

SatayKing Well-Known Member

6. Never giveup

Never giveup Well-Known Member