Solar battery

Discussion in 'Renovation & Home Improvement' started by Propin, 19th Jan, 2022.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. Propin

Propin Well-Known Member

Does anyone know much about this and is it worth doing? Thanks!! 13F8B9DF-226D-45DC-9354-B42BD9DA63B0.png

2. SatayKing

SatayKing Well-Known Member

"Decide in two days or you miss out" sales pitch?

I'd pass.

Given the increase in battery farms to provide power when the Sun don't shine, I do begin to wonder if a home battery will be necessary in the not to distant future.

Propin likes this.
  3. Indifference

Indifference Well-Known Member

Marketing BS…. No details, just vague statements. Brand, Size, Inverter compatibility? Walk away…. It’s just sales baiting.

As for “is it worth it”… in general economic terms, for most people today, not really. If you are motivated primarily by potential economic factors, I’d be evaluating the size of current PV Solar array first, as adding to that can be beneficial at relatively low cost with reasonable ROI.

If uninterrupted power is the prime motivator or a requirement then you pay for what you get.

FWIW, we run a 6.5 kW array with 5 kW grid connected invertor as that was the maximum we could install on single phase at that time. We won’t be upgrading system to add storage (batteries) until next technology cycle is released and price point makes some economic sense.

Last edited: 19th Jan, 2022
    oracle, Propin and Stoffo like this.
  4. Stoffo

Stoffo Well-Known Member

As above ;)
    I looked into this once :confused:
    Basically if you find the particulars of the system and Google it it's available at a far cheaper price than the overinflated "quote/offer" they are estimating :eek:

Propin likes this.
  5. Propin

Propin Well-Known Member

Thanks guys! Yeah I’ll pass then!