So is is where Steve Keen ended up

Discussion in 'Property Market Economics' started by Depreciator, 4th Jul, 2015.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. Depreciator

Depreciator Well-Known Member

2. Depreciator

It seems we can't edit errors in thread titles.

3. TwoDogs

TwoDogs Well-Known Member

Whats that saying about broken clocks? They are right twice a day, same can be said for those poor economists over 10 years.

4. Darren A

Darren A Well-Known Member

Well that just goes to show that Australian property is completely its own animal, otherwise how could he be winning these kudos overseas but get our property market so wrong.

5. Redwing

Redwing Well-Known Member

I'd be more interested in how he benefited from his predictions IF he backed himself

6. Darren A

Darren A Well-Known Member

Maybe all along he was just trying to score points on the world stage with his property forecasts for Australia.

What he is saying might just come true it just depends on how severe the downturn is. But let us all profit as much as possible beforehand and be prepared.

7. C-mac

C-mac Well-Known Member

He could have the right 'ideas' with his forecasts, but as someone else rightly said, a broken clock is correct twice per day. Unquestionably, Australia's economy is in for tumultuous times, but any severity of the pending Greek and Chinese 'fallouts' on our local economy is yet to be seen. Who knows, I wish him all the best luck, I just hope is predictions are grounded in quality data beyond the hearsay of media outlets!

8. Depreciator

I reckon the media latched on to him rather than the other way around. He made a sensational prediction and the media love that stuff. I thought the interesting thing in that article was how many calls he has got right. Nobody gets everything right all the time - except my mother, according to her.

Scott

MTR likes this.