SMSF Rates with AMP... UP UP UP ... and no more IO allowed

Discussion in 'Superannuation, SMSF & Personal Insurance' started by euro73, 31st Jul, 2018.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
Tags:
  1. euro73

euro73 Well-Known Member Business Member

The beautiful Hills District, Sydney Australia
    AMP's SMSF Variable Rate is increasing by 0.25% from August 3.

AMP's SMSF Fixed Rates increasing by 0.80% from August 3.

This puts them approximately in line with the other SMSF lenders with an Offset - as of today that means Big Sky ( Big Sky's fixed rates a little cheaper than AMP's new rates - for how long? ) because STG, BoM and BSA are exiting SMSF lending as of today

IO no longer allowed for new customers from August 7. Existing customers can continue to access IO lending. No biggie. Investors should probably be using P&I for SMSF lending anyway... I think so anyway. Best to pay the thing off so you have little or no debt by retirement, and a nice income stream .... Really, property in SMSF should be treated the same as PPOR I think. They're the only 2 assets that can be sold CGT free.

Rural Resi no longer acceptable .No biggie.

Screen Shot 2018-07-31 at 11.51.39 am.png

JohnPropChat likes this.
  2. ChrisDim

ChrisDim Well-Known Member

:mad::mad::mad: No wonder my mortgage broker went quiet since telling me 3 weeks ago to transition my SMSF loan to AMP because it was .80 points cheaper!!!

3. Lindsay_W

Lindsay_W Well-Known Member

The announcement only came out today, so unless your broker had a crystal ball I highly doubt that's why they went quiet, they were acting in your best interest at the time.

4. Shahin_Afarin

Shahin_Afarin Residential and Commercial Broker Business Member

Westpac/St George exiting the SMSF market was a huge blow for lending in that space. They had wonderful niches other than the offset and its a matter of time before other lenders start taking advantage of the limited competition that exists.

JohnPropChat and ChrisDim like this.
  5. euro73

You have until August 3 to rate lock it Chris. 5 years 5.89% P&I is great going for SMSF . If you make the payment tomorrow you'll beat the deadline.

Attached Files:

ChrisDim and Terry_w like this.
  6. ChrisDim

ChrisDim Well-Known Member

THANKS @euro73. Unfortunately I am with someone else.... on a day full of appointments already tomorrow :mad::mad::mad:....! Given that I am paying 6.85% and have no offset though, I really need to look into it!

7. euro73

You’ve got 3 days . The rate lock is established from when you pay it -so you could still pull it off

Terry_w and ChrisDim like this.