WA Sloping blocks

Discussion in 'Where to Buy' started by JohnPropChat, 8th Oct, 2015.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. Sackie

Sackie Well-Known Member

Currently designing a build for a development on a 9m sloping block! This should be interesting. :)

@dan2101 how many meters was the slope mate?

2. Blacky

Blacky Well-Known Member

Yeah - we had a couple of meters to deal with. But nothing on the above.

The design encorporates the slope. So at the front of the building is 3storeys at the rear it is 2 storey.
    I thing the variance is about 2.5m or so. There was some additional cost is engineering and a bit in earthworks/retaining.

Blacky

property world likes this.
  3. Westminster

Westminster Tigress at Tiger Developments Business Member

As blacky said we didn't have to put in pure retaining which is easily separated out in the budget but we used the walls of the bottom floor to do retaining. It has probably cost an additional $50-75k on top of a flat block.
    Our concrete pads had to be thicker than normal and are a mixture of 2c, 3c and 4c in various parts to meet engineering.

4. Johnny Cashflow

Johnny Cashflow Well-Known Member

Would love to see pics of these examples to compare if possible :)

5. larrylarry

larrylarry Well-Known Member

If I were to provide you my IP address will you be able to tell me what's doable?

6. dan2101

dan2101 Well-Known Member

image.jpg image.jpg
    @Leo2413 I don't know the exact slope but I'd assume something similar to what you are looking at. It's a gradual slope from the split in the driveway to the existing house all the way down to the slab. If you look at the driveway picture you will see the retaining wall on the left is made out of sandstone blocks that were cut from the existing rock shelf. The amount you can see is about a third of the total amount excavated, it was a stressful time! The excavator was using his rock saw for weeks so Neighbours weren't too impressed.

Sackie likes this.
  7. Sackie

Sackie Well-Known Member

Thanks @dan2101. I bet the neighbors couldn't wait for it to be over! Any idea what the retaining walls alone would of costed mate?

Thanks.

8. dan2101

dan2101 Well-Known Member

@Leo2413 not sure of a cost breakdown for the retaining walls as the excavator rock sawed all the blocks then used whatever he could to retain the land on the right of the driveway (see pic) and took the rest away to a landscape joint. If we hadn't of had the sandstone blocks the cost to retain the above block the whole length of the driveway would've been massive.

We did have a small landslide (into a neighbours backyard below!) after some heavy rain and we had to drill reo into the rock face and built a small block wall core filled with concrete. This cost about 3k.

Sackie likes this.