NSW Six districts planning vision for Sydney

Discussion in 'Where to Buy' started by Loverenting, 21st Nov, 2016.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. Loverenting

Loverenting Well-Known Member

2. Tattler

Tattler Well-Known Member

At 2056 I would be too old and will be in nursing homes or something. I think investing nursing homes will be doing well :p

ndpjai, Sami and Gockie like this.
  3. Sami

Sami Member

I've read the report and those predictions are BS. The report says Sydney will need 725K - 830K dwelling from 2016-2016. We're already building about 80K in NSW per annum. That's double what the report says. Now, if this bank driven housing bubble slows in Sydney and Melbourne, an exodus will occur, with people losing jobs in construction in NSW and Vic, and to a small extent this will also occur in other states. So either the report says we're will need half of that we're building now or that we need additional dwellings, on top of what we're building.

I'm just being realistic with housing in Sydney and Melbourne at the moment. I just don't understand people buying with 2-3 % yields in Sydney or Melbourne. I'm glad I bought back in early in 2000s which an exceptional yield and the property I still hold today.

All the infrastructure projects announced by NSW Government are fuelling speculation in land prices. But keep in mind that at the end, not all of these infrastructure projects will be built. I've gone through all of the regional banks annual reports, and some are increasing their exposure to NSW economy, believing mistakenly that this housing boom in NSW will last forever. It's a typical mentality during bubbles, you gotta keep growing and out growing other banks if possible.

I'm pretty negative on Sydney housing so I do apologise for this view and I'm sure most people will disagree, but time will tell. :)

Loverenting likes this.
  4. PeterL

PeterL Member

I think it would create more CBD hubs- like what Paramatta has become. My plan is to identify where the new hubs will be and invest there as chances are infrastructure decisions over the next few years will focus on developing those areas.

Do Androids Dream likes this.
  5. Do Androids Dream

Do Androids Dream Well-Known Member

Which hubs have you identified so far, PeterL?

6. Loverenting

Loverenting Well-Known Member

The so called string of pearls Campbelltown, Camden, Liverpool and Penrith?

7. PeterL

PeterL Member

H
    havent done enough research tbh but any strategic visions from those council areas should lay them out