Closed Site Category - Security Filters Blocking Site

Discussion in 'PropertyChat Community & Website' started by Brady, 20th Jun, 2015.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. Brady

Brady Well-Known Member

Not sure if anyone else is having this problem.

Whilst at work accessing propertychat the site gets blocked as it doesn't have a 'site category'

I'm warned about the site, it let's me continue but have the same problem each time I attempt to post. Trying to PM someone or start a thread was impossible as the security block would come up mid typing and would lose all the text.

Would be great to continue to access the site whilst at work, if I'm having this issue others could be also.

Thanks in advance

2. DaveM

DaveM Well-Known Member

Sounds like your work has content filtering on its internet connection. Maybe ask your IT to allow it as work related?

Gockie likes this.
  3. Simon Hampel

Simon Hampel Founder Staff Member

Turns out this is an SSL certificate issue caused by two things:

1. we use SNI for serving SSL certificates from our web server
    2. Internet Explorer on Windows XP does not support SNI - a minimum of Windows Vista is required if using Internet Explorer (Firefox or Chrome should work though)

Unfortunately, there's nothing we can do to fix this particular problem - we decided not to support Windows XP because it is extremely old and no longer supported by Microsoft - and frankly, a pain to try and support. It would require significant changes to our server infrastructure to support Internet Explorer on Windows XP.

Property Investors! Ready to Pay Less Tax? Estimate how much Property Depreciation you can claim on your Investment Property. Washington Brown's calculator is the first calculator to draw on real properties to determine an accurate estimate.