Silver Asset Services

Discussion in 'Property Management' started by NedKelly, 15th Feb, 2018.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. NedKelly

NedKelly Well-Known Member

We are buying a unit where the body corporate has a bulk electricity agreement with Silver Asset Services and the unit's electricity has to be supplied by them. Does anyone have any experience with this arrangement?

2. Scott No Mates

Scott No Mates Well-Known Member

Are the rates competitive?

3. NedKelly

That's what I need to find out. There are no rates listed anywhere on their website just a lot of things you have to agree to, including paying a deposit and a "joining fee" before they will connect you. I have read the CMS and the electricity has to be supplied by these people.

4. Pumpkin

Pumpkin Well-Known Member

Sorry don’t know them.

Suggest you to ask the Onsite Manager, or Strata/ Body Corp Manager. They should be able to advise the contact person, Contract terms, and the contract period.
    Where is the bill coming from? Do you need to register or is it done automatically after you own the property? Somehow the service needs to be changed into your name...
    Or you can dig into your past minutes.....

5. JDM

JDM Well-Known Member

Bulk utility supply is quite normal for unit complexes in Queensland.

I believe Silver Asset Services is owned by SSKB. While I haven't dealt with Silver, SSKB are a reputable body corporate manager.

Usually with bulk supply arrangements you have no choice but to use the bulk supplier. There have been proposed changes to this arrangement so that they can't force you to use a supplier, however nothing has come into effect in Queensland.

Scott No Mates likes this.
  6. NedKelly

I have obtained the rates from Silver Asset Services and they look competitive so that's all good.

7. Tony3008

Tony3008 Well-Known Member

Silver - appointed by the developer/SSKB - initially handled the water billing at my last Docklands apartment. Really bad which is why we got rid of them: inefficient billing of individual occupants meant they recovered much less than the amount due leaving the OC (i.e. the owners who, for the most part, had already paid) to pick up the shortfall. They also had very high oncosts. Network Energy Services, who took over, have been much better.