signs of people rushing into the market and they are now facing the consiquences?

Discussion in 'Property Market Economics' started by sumterrence, 13th Aug, 2015.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. Sackie

Sackie Well-Known Member

@Tekoz They are 32km and 33km away from the Brisbane CBD which puts it too far for me to invest. By the time I can extract equity from them to reinvest ill be an old man, I guestimate. Also 250sqm for a place sooo far from the cbd I wouldn't touch it mate. just my 2 cents.

Just some very quick DD,
    http://www.realestate.com.au/property-house-qld-chermside+west-118462315

Chermside property 3 bedder 12.6km from the Brisbane cbd, 600+sqm just sold 375k..

How can Crestmead and Parkridge at those prices compete? Only person making money on those deals is the savvy developer ;)

Last edited: 25th Aug, 2015
    AlbertWT and Tekoz like this.
  2. Phantom

Phantom Well-Known Member

That's cheap. If it sold recently. But it was a little while ago. Which tells us that Chermside has moved heaps in the last few months. Can't find those prices anymore that close to CBD.

AlbertWT likes this.
  3. Sackie

Sackie Well-Known Member

@York Polides It said sold Thu 26-Mar-15.. but I agree most other 3bed homes are in the high 400s low 500s.

I just think there is no value buying so far from the CBD, with such small land content at the 300s mark, unless your content with waiting quite a while for CG. imo

Take sunnybank hills, its 17.3km to the cbd a lot closer than 33km, (you can get with some serious looking) a 3 bedroom home with 405sqm for similar price.

http://www.domain.com.au/sold/110-ryhill-road-sunnybank-hills-qld-4109-2011912712?sp=11

4. trinity168

trinity168 Well-Known Member

Wait ... when did Sydney Southwest become a blue chip suburb???

5. Tekoz

Tekoz Well-Known Member

@trinity168 soon mate in the next 5 years. Because the agent and my friend who bought the property there see the potentials of Southwest area. Look at Ingleburn and Campbelltown, it is growing to become a family friendly suburbs where lots of new family settled down there for long term.

6. Phantom

Agree with that. Problem is, the closer areas to the CBD like Sunnybank, Chermside etc have really made their move already. Not saying they are done though. Alot of investors have been priced out. So now looking for alternatives at that price point. You either go South and hit the infamous Logan. Or you go north past Strathpine if you're lucky (probably too late now).
    I started looking about Feb/March to make a buy in Brisbane. Waiting for my finance to get approved in the mean time, I moved from 12km out of Brisbane to 30km to Brisbane (CBD) based on the same budget. Now I'm starting to wonder if I've already moved too far out.

Sackie likes this.
  7. Azazel

Azazel Well-Known Member

And what colour do the current blue chip suburbs change to next?

ej89, Tekoz and larrylarry like this.
  8. Sackie

Sackie Well-Known Member

Are you able to stretch the budget a little to buy closer to the CBD..? 15-18km..? If I was able to stretch it I would try to get closer than 30km...

9. Phantom

Definately what I'm trying to do. No doubt the inner suburbs are the way to go. BCC suburbs.

10. Sackie

Sackie Well-Known Member

Hey What about Durack? its only 16km from cbd. Very quick glance and it looks affordable.. am I missing something? Doesn't look like massive flood area.. I gotta be missing something..

http://www.domain.com.au/sold/18-ringwood-street-durack-qld-4077-2012047667?sp=2

http://www.domain.com.au/sold/21-chippeway-st-durack-qld-4077-2012128477?sp=1

http://www.yourinvestmentpropertymag.com.au/top-suburbs/qld-4077-durack.aspx

http://www.homely.com.au/durack-brisbane-brisbane-queensland

Did a search on the forum and not even mentioned before.

Tekoz likes this.
  11. WinDyz.

WinDyz. Well-Known Member

Tekoz,
    Sydney south west will not be considered as blue chip anytime soon. Maybe in another 100 years or so.

Inner west ( glebe, Newtown, Balmain, etc), lower north shore ( kiribilli, cremorne, mosman,etc), or eastern suburb ( Bondi, cooge, double bay, vaclouse, clovely,etc) will be only area you can consider as blue chip.

ej89, Tekoz and larrylarry like this.
  12. mcarthur

mcarthur Well-Known Member

Last 12 months (from API), heading out northwards: Chermside 7.4, Albany Ck 3.7, Aspley 7.7, Bridgeman Downs 2.9...

Even Chermside at 7.4 for the past 12 months isn't near Sunnybank at 11.7!

I think there's room to the north still. Having said that, I went all the way out to Redcliffe Peninsular :)...

13. dan2101

dan2101 Well-Known Member

I work in the west/south west. If that's 'blue chip' I'll eat my hat.

ej89 and Tekoz like this.
  14. Phantom

The only 'blue chips' in the Southwest are the empty packets of Smiths Chips on the streets.

adrian_christian, Pins, ej89 and 2 others like this.
  15. Azazel

Azazel Well-Known Member

Aspley, Bridgeman Downs, Albany Ck are pretty much equal North, but in this order from Gympie Rd. Depends how you measure it.

16. neK

neK Well-Known Member

If anyone is looking to invest, just do the opposite to what tekoz says and you'll be fine :)

Bran, Gockie, ej89 and 1 other person like this.
  17. pugstar205

pugstar205 Well-Known Member

Disagree. Hamilton Road is a main road, very busy (I drive it daily). That house is right on the main road with a set of traffic lights out the front. You'd have cars backed up day and night waiting for the lights.
    It's a secondary location hence the price.

18. Tekoz

Tekoz Well-Known Member

@neK why is that man ?
    what's wrong with my suggestion and question :eek:

19. Logan

Logan Well-Known Member

Agree - Hamilton Road has some great houses but is way to busy - the low price reflects this. I think it is a case of driving / walking the streets you are serious about

pugstar205 likes this.
  20. Phantom

So there are other houses in Chermside west for 375k?