SA Sight unseen buy in SA - Thanks D.T

Discussion in 'Where to Buy' started by devank, 26th Aug, 2015.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. sash

sash Well-Known Member

Ok...I have also started a thread for whole of Adelaide...just like the Brissie one Stevo set-up. Will be interesting...to see the Somersoft temperature on the city of Churches.

2. Nemo

Nemo Well-Known Member

Sounds like a different service altogether. This thread isn't about pre- settlement inspections.

3. Coota9

Coota9 Well-Known Member

Agree with above from Devank as you can than seperate the purchase from the property being managed by the PM who has inspected the property for you,which I am certain is not also the best agency to actually manage the property for you within that area.

4. MTR

MTR Well-Known Member

Hi Sash

I don't know what the drivers are? Don't see any?? You purchased years ago, perhaps when the market moved??
    We know there are have many better markets to invest in that have been booming over the last 3 years in Australia, but unfortunately if investors get caught up in spin they miss out on opportunities,

MTR:)

5. sash

sash Well-Known Member

Thus why my post.....Adelaide can surprise...just like Brissie is starting to surprise. Everything of value is being snapped up in a matter of days...the agents are getting cocky...all the signs of a market that is heading up. Just put a offer on another one yesterday. Where else can you buy BV homes for less than 320k with 30 klms of the city.

6. MTR

MTR Well-Known Member

Wise, you are in control, that is important, you are not in the State

Last edited: 29th Aug, 2015
  7. MTR

MTR Well-Known Member

But Sash you are talking Brisbane, what are the driver here?

MTR:)

8. Waldo

Waldo Well-Known Member

You know you can quote multiple posts at once right? Use the '+quote' feature.

Unless the objective is to increase your post count - in that case, carry on.

9. MTR

MTR Well-Known Member

I thought I did, slip of the finger:)

10. sash

sash Well-Known Member

Sydney money and Chinese money is heading up in droves.....the locals are also getting in on the act now. Also the economy is now showing signs of growth.

MTR you really need to get on a plane to see it...

11. Nemo

Nemo Well-Known Member

I agree that I don't see the market booming like Sydney, but there is still plenty of ways to make money, depending on your strategy. Not everyone is looking to buy and hold.

Lower entry prices make Adelaide very attractive to me.

12. MTR

MTR Well-Known Member

I think your right, the plane. Have not been to Brissie for ages, my guess Gold Coast may be next

13. sash

sash Well-Known Member

Was in Surfers last week....things are moving but not as fast as Brissie. In a period of a month....the suburb where I bought (19 klms from CBA) where you could have bought for 320k.....now starts at 340k odd. And that is for basic stuff. I bought mine for 301k. I reckon it will hit 380k in a mere few months...as people closer to town 16klms now look further out.

14. MTR

MTR Well-Known Member

I understand attraction of lower entry level, but I would not make this the main reason for jumping in

Jl80 likes this.
  15. MTR

MTR Well-Known Member

as I said before, why are investors buying in Adelaide when clearly Brissie market is moving and still cheap.

16. sash

sash Well-Known Member

Because...if you get in early enough...you get bargains.....you need to foresee the future. I for one am not fully convinced of the Adelaide outer subburbs...but ones 10 klms or less are looking good. Remember the cycle goes through every city...just the impact is not on great in some cities.

17. MTR

MTR Well-Known Member

Agree, but I won't be jumping into Adelaide unless I see clear signs of market rising. As long as you jump in the beginning you still make money. I have yet to see this happening.

I'll wait for you and Seechange to jump in first:p.

18. sash

sash Well-Known Member

I might be keeping my powder dry for Sydney.....I will probably sell my holdings in Adelaide. But hey if an opportunity is too good who knows...after all I am a Specufester......

19. MTR

MTR Well-Known Member

Keep specufesting, it works

20. sash

sash Well-Known Member

Just emailed my formal offer on the recent aquisition.....hope to sag that one for 315k in Brissie....I think the low 300k product will all but disappear within 25 klms of Brissie in the North, South, and East. The West has still quite a few for the moment.