Shower screen

Discussion in 'Renovation & Home Improvement' started by Gockie, 26th Jul, 2015.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. Gockie

Gockie Life is good ☺️ Premium Member

Hi,
    I have this shower screen in Brisbane and while its fully functional, I think due to the non completely see through nature of it, it makes the bathroom look half the size. Plus I dont love the black colour frame but it's something that is bearable. I just want the room to feel more open.

I could lose the part on the left of pic but it might look funny? Otherwise i'd like it if that piece of glass would retract into the other section of glass (it only pivots). Or the whole thing was of clear glass but I imagine that would start getting expensive. I dont want to spend heaps of money, it is functional as is right now. Its just an aesthetics question. Any ideas? Any recommendations of someone in Brisbane region who would be able to give me a good solution at a good price?
    Thanks 20150724_135649.jpg

2. Brian84

Brian84 Well-Known Member

If the shower head is behind the glass panel that is on the right, have you thought about just having one single fixed panel a little bit bigger than what is there and not have a door on the shower. Everyone is doing showers these days without doors. Including myself.

3. wylie

wylie Moderator Staff Member

If it is for an IP I wouldn't change it until it breaks. Looks like a terrazzo floor (?) and a retro or Art Deco basin (?) I can see a bit of, which could mean you can get away with an older screen.

4. Ace in the Hole

Ace in the Hole Well-Known Member

If it ain't broke.

5. Gockie

Gockie Life is good ☺️ Premium Member

Yeah... it aint broke so why fix....
    Spectacularly gorgeous vanity. Apparently it could be a popular item on EBay. The laundry has a solid concrete laundry tub too... 20150722_104444.jpg

6. wylie

wylie Moderator Staff Member

I like the basin. If you don't re-use it you will certainly be able to sell it for a decent price. We've ripped up terrazzo floors when we've had to but we've also had one polished. Came up beautifully. Cost was fairly cheap (can't recall how much).

I think it is a shame when people rip out bathrooms from this era, especially when there is no reason (except a lack of appreciation for the era) :)

Sackie and Gockie like this.