Should the Victorian Government Fund Greek Citizens to resettle

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Chilliblue, 7th Jul, 2015.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
?

Should the Victorian Government Fund Greek Citizens to resettle

Poll closed 14th Jul, 2015.
  1. Yes

9.5%
  2. No

81.0%
  3. Other (please details)

9.5%
  1. LibGS

LibGS Well-Known Member

As I said, the free market is great when you are doing well, and great when you are in trouble. Funny how people go on about rescuing a dodgy country, but are quiet about rescuing dodgy banks. People for a long time complained about CDFs and other dangerous financial derivatives. No one listened. It seems that moral hazard is a situation to be used not feared.

This will knock your socks off and it is just the USA. $3 trillion dollars "invested".

http://money.cnn.com/news/storysupplement/economy/bailouttracker/index.html

2. PrG

PrG Active Member

Yeah, well the US is a huge mess. If the government had had the balls to deal with its structures underpinning it's finance markets & its dodgy Wall St traders back in the 1980s (as Australia did), the ponzi schemes which caused the GFC wouldn't have happened. America has the tail wagging the dog, with the big end of town ensuring government doesn't legislate to protect people from spivs. Trickle down is BS; there is evidence, if anything, of trickle up. America's middle class has simply disappeared. I bet you the big end of town is scared with Bernie Sanders in the running. I believe he can, and will, deal with the rogues. The last bastion of free enterprise has proved that the "Let them eat cake" way of governing simply doesn't work.

Last edited: 17th Jul, 2015
    LibGS likes this.
  3. LibGS

LibGS Well-Known Member

I will be donating money to the Bern. He would be a good leader and would help Australia's future. But if he does win, I hate to say it, he won't live long.

There is tons and tons of research to show that massive income inequality is a drag on the economy. The top 1% don't buy 500 iPhones each.

PrG likes this.