Crypto SHIB crypto

Discussion in 'Other Asset Classes' started by AAA2214, 1st Jul, 2021.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. Redwing

Redwing Well-Known Member

Hopefully they've taken some profits :D

2. Dan Donoghue

Dan Donoghue Well-Known Member

I've been looking into Crypto in more detail recently, I have made some good decisions like buying SOL in July at $39.19 (now at $279.75) and various others that seem to pop when I buy them but the entire meme coin thing has me confused, there is very little use other than a "tipping" coin and I just don't see how that equates to such drastic swings.

Still, I did take a little go with SHIB in May, June and September so im certainly not upset about the recent growth ;). I may not be able to understand the reason for it but can still respect that it's going to happen.

Redwing likes this.
  3. Redwing

Redwing Well-Known Member

4. Dan Donoghue

I learned much from that experiment at the time. On reflection though it really was just based on hope, there were less tools out there to help analyse. I am far from knowing what I am doing here but I feel a little more armed in my decision making process than I did in 2018 :).

I'm approaching this as a "time in" investment so hopefuly what I learned in that other thread rings true :).

Redwing likes this.
  5. Codie

Codie Well-Known Member

Don’t tell me you sold it all?

6. standtall

standtall Well-Known Member

No didn’t sell anything .. did it go up? I haven’t been checking.

samiam likes this.
  7. LROB

LROB Well-Known Member

billionaire.

Dan Donoghue likes this.
  8. LateBloomer

LateBloomer Well-Known Member

Some of the analysts are predicting a 90% correction from the current price. I was a victim of FOMO and bought it almost ATH.
    What do you guys suggest? Shall I do DCA if it falls or just stay put.

9. thunderstrike888

thunderstrike888 Well-Known Member

I'm still up on SHIB. Bought in when it was at 0.00001012. I should have sold when it hit ATH with the recent pump.

Its going to pump again I have a feeling. Look at the current grath. People are accumulating so sooner or later I feel its going to pump and dump again.

I am going to sell the next pump though. But thats what we all say huh? When you see your investment rise 130% within 24hrs well greed ALWAYS gets the best of all of us. LOL

I'm going to go another speculative buy with Safemoon. Lets see how that one performs. LOL

P.S ONLY use money you can afford to lose. Crypto can be very very dangerous.

10. LateBloomer

In another thread I asked where can I buy small caps alt coins like safemoon. I use CoinSpot. Which one do you use? Its not listed on CoinSpot.

My cryto portfolio looks like crap bcos of my FOMO. Now its 50% BTC 40% Shib and 10% other small cap alt coins.

11. LateBloomer

Forgot to add, yup LPT gave me 180% returns in 24 hours. But since the amount was really small, I let it sit there.

12. thunderstrike888

Coinspot is OK but their buy and sell is much higher than actual market. So if you buy on coinspot make sure you also sell on coinspot so you dont lose out on the arbitrage.

Go make some accounts on crypto.com or Bitmart or just go on coinmarketcap and see which exchanges currently support the coins you want to buy.

I'm using Bitmart now for Safemoon and some other smaller alt coins. If your a speculative buyer you cant wait until a coin gets listed on Coinspot as that is where the 90% of ppl who dont know much about crypto go to. (i.e) mom and dad investors or guys that dont even know what cryptocurreny or blockchain is.

You need to buy these spec coins when hardly anyone can buy them. Once they get listed on the major exchanges THAT is when these things 1000x their price and you become rich. If you buy them once they are on Coinspot you've already lost a huge amount of growth.

LateBloomer likes this.
  13. LateBloomer

Couldn’t agree more on everything you said above.
    I research on a particular coin and when I see that current market cap is really small, I understand the project, I believe in the project and finally when I decide that I want to be part of it and check the availability on Coinspot and 99% times its not there.
    I will do my research, just one last question. I was under the impression and all the US based platforms where all these small cap alt coins are listed demand a SSN number in order to trade. Is it correct? Can I buy and sell on these exchanges even if I am not a US resident?

14. thunderstrike888

:) You dont need that. Heck I know exchanges you can buy and sell full anonymously. There are heaps of dodgy exchanges around.

BitMart and Crypto are OK - they will ask for your license to trade but I dont think they even check it as it gets approved in like 10 seconds. Other exchanges (which you will eventually use) require nothing. You can trade anonymously.

LateBloomer likes this.
  15. Dan Donoghue

I just started using the gate.io app, it's pretty convoluted at first but easy enough to get use to. Absolutely tons of data and options in the app.

There are loads of unlisted coins on there which you need to trade another coin for.

If you do sign up, get the app, open it and before signup, find the banner at the top a out them hitting 8 million customers, touch that and sign up through there and you get a bunch of free stuff. Not sure what as I only found out after I registered the normal way lol.