Sharesight fund raising

Discussion in 'Sharemarket Investing Platforms, Tools & Services' started by sfdoddsy, 27th Sep, 2019.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. sfdoddsy

sfdoddsy Well-Known Member

Like many I use Sharesight. In my case not so much for their reporting capabilities or to track my investments (Vanguard and Nabtrade do that just fine) but to test my portfolio against alternatives.

I subscribe to one of their monthly plans.

I've recently received a fund-raising email from them spruiking direct investment in Sharesight itself.

It's not really my cup of tea, but I'm curious whether others think they have a future.

2. LIDM

LIDM Well-Known Member

I also started using Sharesight recently - why pay $20 for trades when you can pay $9.50?

I think this is their primary advantage - the rest of the features don't seem very useful.

From an investment standpoint I'd be worried that others may reduce fees to match. Instead, I'm interested in the ASX itself...

3. PKFFW

PKFFW Well-Known Member

@LIDM I think you are confusing Sharesight (a portfolio tracking software) with Selfwealth (the $9.50 broker)

number 5, LIDM and Archaon like this.
  4. LIDM

LIDM Well-Known Member

Oops right you are - sorry - had been looking at the price movement of Selfwealth recently and was on my mind!

5. PKFFW

PKFFW Well-Known Member

Forgot to add....

I also got the email about Sharesight raising funds. I'm not interested. Though I do think Sharesight has a future, I'm not interested in investing in individual stocks or companies and prefer the ease of ETFs.